For auditors in the high tech manufacturing and computer software industries, it is critical to understand the complex audit and accounting issues related to revenue recognition. AICPA publications provide information on recent developments, guidance, and illustrative examples for the common accounting and audit practices in the high technology manufacturing and computer software industries including
- contract accounting, including construction-type and production-type contracts.
- indicators of improper revenue recognition.
- auditing revenue assertions.
- tangible products delivered with software components and nonsoftware components.
- auditing revenue transactions in the computer software industry and the high-technology manufacturing industries.
Find comprehensive examples of
- inherent risk considerations related to revenue recognition.
- types of potential misstatements related to revenue recognition.
AICPA Online Professional Library
When you subscribe to any one of the many subscription options on AICPA Online Professional Library, you're not only getting access to the most up-to-date guidance and tools, you are also linked to all of the relevant and related literature, including the FASB and GASB libraries.
Many publications and libraries may be of value to those interested in guidance related to revenue recognition:
- AICPA Audit and Accounting Manual (product no. WAM-XX)
- AICPA Audit Risk Assessment Tool and Guide (product no. WRA-XX)
- AICPA Practice Tool The Auditor's Report: Comprehensive Guidance and Examples (product no. APAARMO)
- AICPA Professional Standards (product no. WPS-XX)
- AICPA Technical Practice Aids (product no. WTP-XX)
- U.S. GAAP Financial Statements—Best Practices in Presentation and Disclosure (product no. WAT-XX)
- Audit and Accounting Guide and Audit Risk Alert Set (product no. WAA-XX)
- with FASB Accounting Standards Codification (product no. WFA-XX)
- Essential A&A Research Collection (product no. ORS-XX)
- with FASB Accounting Standards Codification (product no. ORF-XX)
- with FASB Accounting Standards Codification and GASB Library (product no. WCF-GL)
- Premium A&A Research Collection (product no. WAL-BY)
- with FASB Accounting Standards Codification (product no. WFL-BY)
- with FASB Accounting Standards Codification and GASB Library (product no. WGL-BY)