Whether you are a financial statement preparer or an auditor, it is critical to understand the complexities of the property and liability insurance industry, including revenue recognition, investments, loss reserves, and financial statement presentation. AICPA publications provide information on recent developments, guidance, practice aids, and illustrative examples for the common accounting and audit practices in the property and liability insurance industry. For more information on the industry and the AICPA's commitment to provide updates and guidance, visit the Insurance Entities Expert Panel webpage.
The following products are available from the AICPA to help provide guidance and resources for property and liability insurance entities.
AICPA Online Professional Library
When you subscribe to any one of the many subscription options on AICPA Online Professional Library, you're not only getting access to the most up-to-date guidance and tools, you are also linked to all of the relevant and related literature, including the FASB and GASB libraries.
Many publications and libraries may be of value to those interested in guidance related to property and liability insurance entities:
- AICPA Audit and Accounting Manual
- AICPA Audit Risk Assessment Tool and Guide
- AICPA Practice Tool The Auditor's Report: Comprehensive Guidance and Examples
- AICPA Professional Standards
- AICPA Technical Questions and Answers
- U.S. GAAP Financial Statements—Best Practices in Presentation and Disclosure
- Audit and Accounting Guide Set with FASB Accounting Standards Codification
- Essential A&A Research Collection
- Premium A&A Research Collection