Whether you are a financial statement preparer or auditor, it is critical to understand the complexities of entities with oil and gas producing activities. AICPA publications provide information on recent developments, guidance, and illustrative examples for common accounting and audit practices you may encounter in the oil and gas producing industry including
- recent developments in accounting and financial reporting and disclosure of oil and gas producing activities under the full cost and successful efforts methods,
- ownership interests and operations,
- classification of oil and gas reserves,
- unique tax considerations,
- sources of capital, and
- the business activities of the oil and gas producing industry.
Find comprehensive examples of financial statements, notes, and supplementary schedules.
The following products are available from the AICPA to help provide guidance and resources for oil and gas producing entities.
AICPA Online Professional Library
When you subscribe to any one of the many subscription options on AICPA Online Professional Library, you're not only getting access to the most up-to-date guidance and tools, you are also linked to all of the relevant and related literature, including the FASB and GASB libraries.
Many publications and libraries may be of value to those interested in guidance related to oil and gas producing entities:
- AICPA Audit and Accounting Manual
- AICPA Audit Risk Assessment Tool and Guide
- AICPA Practice Tool The Auditor's Report: Comprehensive Guidance and Examples
- AICPA Professional Standards
- AICPA Technical Questions and Answers
- U.S. GAAP Financial Statements—Best Practices in Presentation and Disclosure
- Audit and Accounting Guide Set with FASB Accounting Standards Codification
- Essential A&A Research Collection
- Premium A&A Research Collection