Whether you are a financial statement preparer or auditor it is critical to understand the complexities of the securities industry as it relates to the various functions that broker-dealers may perform and the accompanying rules and regulations. AICPA publications provide information on recent developments, guidance, practice aids, and illustrative examples for the common accounting and audit practices for broker-dealers in securities including
- broker-dealer functions, books, and records.
- regulatory information and requirements, including reporting considerations.
The broker-dealer industry is undergoing significant change. AICPA publications offer clear and practical guidance on recent developments. SEC regulatory requirements, and the related reporting is discussed along with relevant accounting and audit topics of particular importance to audits of broker-dealers.
Finally, find comprehensive examples of
- financial statements, notes, and supplementary schedules.
- reports required by industry regulators.
For more information on the industry and the AICPA's commitment to provide updates and guidance, visit the Stockbrokerage and Investment Banking Expert Panel webpage
The following products are available from the AICPA to help provide guidance and resources on the stockbrokerage and investment banking industry.
AICPA Online Professional Library
When you subscribe to any one of the many subscription options on AICPA Online Professional Library, you're not only getting access to the most up-to-date guidance and tools, you are also linked to all of the relevant and related literature, including the FASB and GASB libraries.
Many publications and libraries may be of value to those interested in guidance related to brokers and dealers:
- AICPA Audit and Accounting Manual
- AICPA Audit Risk Assessment Tool and Guide
- AICPA Practice Tool The Auditor's Report: Comprehensive Guidance and Examples
- AICPA Professional Standards
- AICPA Technical Questions and Answers
- U.S. GAAP Financial Statements—Best Practices in Presentation and Disclosure
- Audit and Accounting Guide Set with FASB Accounting Standards Codification
- Essential A&A Research Collection
- Premium A&A Research Collection