As a financial statement preparer or auditor, it is essential to understand the unique aspects of financial instruments and entities of all sizes may be subject to risks of material misstatement when using financial instruments. This AICPA Audit Guide provides practical assistance to auditors for developing their training programs and internal guidance that is useful in gaining a more in-depth understanding of financial instruments. Detailed implementation guidance is provided for assessing and responding to the risk of material misstatement related to financial instruments as well as guidance on reporting considerations. The implementation guidance in the Audit Guide is supplemented with a series of case studies to help you understand and apply the concepts.
AICPA Online Professional Library
When you subscribe to any one of the many subscription options on AICPA Online Professional Library, you're not only getting access to the most up-to-date guidance and tools, you are also linked to all of the relevant and related literature, including the FASB and GASB libraries.
Many publications and libraries may be of value to those interested in guidance related to auditing financial instruments:
- AICPA Audit and Accounting Manual
- AICPA Audit Risk Assessment Tool and Guide
- AICPA Practice Tool The Auditor's Report: Comprehensive Guidance and Examples
- AICPA Professional Standards
- AICPA Technical Questions and Answers
- U.S. GAAP Financial Statements—Best Practices in Presentation and Disclosure
- Audit and Accounting Guide Set with FASB Accounting Standards Codification
- Essential A&A Research Collection
- Premium A&A Research Collection