NEW YORK (April 11, 2018) – Financial planning professionals from across the nation will convene in Las Vegas this June to connect with thought leaders and hear cutting edge technical content at the AICPA’s 2018 Advanced Personal Financial Planning (PFP) Conference. The 31st annual conference will take place at the MGM Grand from June 11-13, 2018, with pre-conference sessions on June 9th & 10th. Attendees will benefit from in-depth technical education sessions and panel discussions while networking with the profession’s top influencers.
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act overhauled the US tax code. To help make sense of this game changing legislation, this year’s conference will feature a wide-range of forward looking sessions dedicated to tax reform. Financial planning professionals will hear the latest information at multiple update sessions that will address how the tax overhaul impacts individuals, families, real estate, business owners and their closely held entities, estate plans and more.
“This year’s Advanced PFP Conference will cover the impact that changes to tax law are having on retirement planning, investment decisions, insurance/risk management solutions and estate plans,” said Andrea Millar, CPA/PFS, AICPA director of personal financial planning. “The combination of technical sessions and forward-looking speakers will provide financial planning professionals with the tools and insights they need to continue to meet their client’s needs in the highest professional manner.”
In addition to the range of tax reform topics, there will be must-attend sessions examining issues surrounding cybersecurity and the impact of blockchain. There will also be a session on crisis management and emergency preparedness lessons learned from the recent hurricanes and sexual harassment suits on the rise. Attendees will learn how to protect against exposures during these challenging times.
The PFP Conference will join six other conferences including the AICPA’s Advanced Estate Planning and Tax Strategies for the High-Income Individual, as a part of AICPA ENGAGE. This one-of-a-kind conference brings together thought leaders, technical specialists, entrepreneurs, innovators and influencers from seven specializations for one unique event. More information about ENGAGE is available online.
The AICPA Advanced PFP Conference is one of the largest financial planning conferences of the year, and annually attracts serious professionals who deal with high net-worth clients. Experts recognize it as one of the best conferences for technical education sessions and networking. In fact, the high-quality, advanced knowledge shared this year will be brought by returning expert speakers who each averaged a 4.8/5 satisfaction rating in 2017.
The ideas shared at the PFP Conference dive deep into professional development, practice management and the future of financial planning. This year’s conference agenda was developed to provide captivating content and educational sessions for all financial planning professionals -- including CPA financial planners; CPA/PFS Credential holders; CFAs; CFPs; CIMAs; tax and estate planning attorneys; and investment advisers.
Over the course of the conference, attendees will sharpen their skills, refine business strategies, implement new techniques and learn how to take a holistic approach to their client’s financial plans at every life stage. Attendees will emerge from the conference better equipped to help their clients navigate changes and increasing complexity with their personal finances. With in-depth technical sessions on best practices hosted by esteemed thought leaders from throughout the profession, new attendees will learn why the AICPA PFP Conference is a must attend event.
“Financial planners who are serious about their craft should not miss this chance to connect with the brightest planning minds in the country,” said Ted Sarenski, CPA/PFS, chair of the 2018 PFP Conference Planning Committee. “With the significant changes to tax code, it’s more important than ever to receive the best technical content. At the Advanced PFP conference, attendees will hear the most current knowledge and undoubtedly leave with actionable information they can use in their practice.”
ENGAGE Keynote speakers include:
- David Gergen, co-director of the Center for Public Leadership at the Harvard Kennedy School, senior political analyst for CNN and former White House adviser to four U.S. Presidents.
- Adam Grant, an organizational psychologist studying how we can find motivation and meaning, and live more generous and creative lives.
- Maria Contreras-Sweet, President, Contreras-Sweet Enterprises, former Administrator of the Small Business Administration.
- AICPA President and CEO Barry C. Melancon and AICPA Chair Eric Hansen.
PFP Conference Speakers:
- Ted Sarenski, CPA/PFS, CEO, Blue Ocean Strategic Capital
- Social Security the Only Annuity All Clients Count On
- Ed Slott, CPA, Partner, Ed Slott & Company
- New Tax Law Retirement Update
- Bob Keebler, CPA/PFS, Partner, Keebler & Associates, LLP
- Navigating a Bold, New Tax World: Estate & Financial Planning under the Tax Cuts & Jobs Act
- Mitch Anthony, President, Advisor Insights
- Engage at Any Age: How Health Trends are Transforming Retirement
- David Blanchett, Head of Retirement Research, Morningstar Investment Management LLC
- Guaranteed Income and Optimal Retirement Income Strategies
- Michael Kitces, Publisher & Partner, Nerd's Eye View | Pinnacle Advisory Group
- Generating Tax Alpha with Effective Asset Location
- Managing Sequences of Return Risk in Retirement
- Carolyn McClanahan, Founder, Life Planning Partners, Inc.
- Health Insurance for Early Retirement
- Wade Pfau, Professor of Retirement Income, The American College
- Revolutionary Retirement Planning Session
- Best Practices for Retirement Income Planning
- Dr. David Kelly, Chief Global Strategist and Head of the Global Market Insights Strategy Team for J.P. Morgan Asset Management
- Economic Update
- Elaine Floyd, Director of Retirement and Life Planning, Horsesmouth
- Transitioning to Medicare
What: AICPA Advanced Personal Financial Planning Conference
When: June 11-13, 2018 (pre-conference sessions begin June 9th)
Where: MGM Grand in Las Vegas, NV. A live broadcast of keynotes and select main conference sessions will be available to reporters who cannot attend in person.
(Please note: Advance registration is required).
What you will find at AICPA ENGAGE: Gain access to leading technical content within the PFP curriculum, as well as 6 other curriculums as part of AICPA ENGAGE:
- Advanced Accounting & Auditing
- Advanced Estate Planning
- CPA Firm Management Association: Practice Management
- EDGE Career Development
- Practitioners Symposium & TECH+
- Tax Strategies for the High-Income Individual
More information about the AICPA Advanced PFP Conference is available online.
Press Registration: For media who wish to obtain on-site press credentials or sign-up for remote access, please contact Jon Lynch at Jonathan.Lynch@aicpa-cima.com or James Schiavone at James.Schiavone@aicpa-cima.com.