NEW YORK (May 3, 2018) – This year’s AICPA ENGAGE will feature a new track: ‘Finance Redefined,’ which is designed to help accounting and finance professionals thrive in the global economy and an era of swift technological change.
The core of the new track focuses on creating—and incorporating—a data-driven strategy and culture into your organization. Attendees who participate in the four sessions on data analytics, plus an additional one from the event’s Human Intelligence track, will earn a digital badge.
“Finance Redefined is about building new skills, learning new problem-solving techniques and taking the right steps now to prepare for tomorrow’s workplace,” said Clar Rosso, executive vice president for engagement and learning innovation for the Association of International Certified Professional Accountants. “It complements AICPA ENGAGE’s existing, thought-provoking agenda to create the profession’s best all-in-one learning experience.”
AICPA ENGAGE, which runs from June 9-14 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, consists of more than 250 sessions on key topics and emerging issues in accounting, auditing, financial planning, law, marketing, practice management, tax and technology.
Highlights of the Finance Redefined track include:
- The four-session Data-Driven Leadership Program
- A roundtable of professionals who have introduced robotics into their organizations, with an emphasis on best practices and lessons learned
- An overview of disruption trends in the accounting profession from AICPA President and CEO Barry C. Melancon, CPA, CGMA
- A check-in with the first class of entrepreneurs from the Association/CPA.com startup accelerator about what it’s like to be on the front lines of change in the fintech and educational technology sectors
- A look at the implications of Europe’s new privacy law, General Data Protection Regulation, which mandates steps for protection of personal data in the European Union
- An examination of cryptocurrency trends from the global accounting perspective
- A “lunch & learn” session on preparing for cyberattacks
With Finance Redefined, AICPA ENGAGE now has eight different learning tracks, including: Advanced Estate Planning Conference, Advanced Personal Financial Planning Conference, EDGE Career Development Conference, National Advanced Accounting and Auditing Technical Symposium, Practitioners Symposium and Tech+ Conference, Tax Strategies for the High-Income Individual, and the CPA Firm Management Association’s National Practice Management Conference. Keynote speakers this year include political commentator David Gergen, organizational psychologist Adam Grant and Maria Contreras-Sweet, former head of the U.S. Small Business Administration. The full agenda is available at www.aicpaengage.com/agenda.
Reporters interested in covering the event, either in person or through a live broadcast, can contact Jeff May at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, please visit aicpaengage.com.