- AICPA Media Relations Contacts
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants Press Center
- Association of International Certified Professional Accountants Press Center
- Executive Biographies
- Press Releases
- Glossary of Accounting Terms, Acronyms and Abbreviations
- AICPA In the News
- Hot Topics
- Useful Links
In a recent AICPA/Harris Poll survey, nearly half of U.S. adults (48 percent) said they believe that a volatile market gives them an easy opportunity to make a profit. The survey also found that three in ten Americans involved in household investment decisions (28 percent) say they never do research into investment strategies and potential investment opportunities.
Other key findings of the survey:
- Cryptocurrency appears to be foreign to many investors. The survey found that nearly half of U.S. adults (48 percent) are not familiar with Bitcoin, Ethereum, or Litecoin.
- A steady annual return (36 percent) was the top investment decision consideration Americans cited in the survey, followed closely by understanding investment fundamentals such as risk level and expected return (35 percent).
- Nearly a third of Americans involved in the investment decision making in their household (32 percent), typically make high risk investments.
Enrollments in undergraduate and graduate accounting programs for the 2015-2016 school year totaled more than 250,000, maintaining the record high level from 2014-2015. This was driven primarily by an all-time high in undergraduate enrollments.
The AICPA Tax Reform Resource Center is your home for comprehensive coverage on tax reform. This page is your go-to for news, resources, videos, podcasts, learning, and AICPA advocacy positions. Bookmark this page and visit often for updates.
With cyberattacks on the rise, organizations are looking at how to best protect their client and customer information – and inform stakeholders of their efforts. The AICPA provides resources to help organizations and businesses, including CPA firms, assess risks. We’re also assisting CPAs as they provide advisory or assurance services on clients’ risk programs.
AICPA Insights Blog
Believing in yourself: A CPA’s guide to self-trust
Mar 22, 2019
Busy season due diligence comes down to what you don’t know
Mar 21, 2019
Your stress isn’t just affecting you; it’s hurting business
Mar 20, 2019
The Future of Finance: How to thrive in the digital age
Mar 19, 2019
Straighten up: Ergonomic tips for spending hours at your desk
Mar 18, 2019
Cyber Security and the Accounting Profession.
Sue Coffey, CPA, CGMA, Executive Vice President - Public Practice, AICPA
Amy Pawlicki, Directtor - Business Reporting, Assurance & Advisory Services - AICPA
Media Relations Team
Senior Director - Public Affairs, Advocacy & Media (DC)
Contact Kathy for inquiries related to auditing and advocacy (congressional and regulatory matters).
Director - Media Relations (NY)
Contact Gil for general inquiries.
Senior Manager - Media Relations
Contact Shirley for inquiries related to tax issues.
Senior Manager - Public Relations
Contact James for inquiries related to the CPA Exam, accounting education and careers, personal financial planning and financial literacy, fraud, forensics and business valuations.
Lead Manager - Media Relations
Contact Jeff for inquiries related to CPA.com, accounting technology, practice management and AICPA products.
Senior Manager - CGMA Communications and Public Relations
Contact Colette for inquiries related to the CGMA designation and
Manager - Public Relations
Contact Jonathan for inquiries related to financial literacy and personal financial planning.
Manager - Public Relations
(919) 490 - 4387
Contact Jackie for inquiries related to accounting and auditing issues.
**For all other media inquiries, any member of the team will be happy to assist you.**