Benefits of Becoming a CPA/PFS Credential Holder
The Personal Financial Specialist (PFS) credential makes you stand out and adds credibility. This credential allows CPAs to demonstrate their knowledge and expertise in personal financial planning. Credential holders have a specific experience, education and examination requirement that sets them apart both from other CPAs and non-CPA financial planners.
Why Become a CPA/PFS™?
- Gain competence and confidence — The CPA/PFS Pathway is the most comprehensive educational program to prepare for the exam and support you throughout your career
- Support — Join a community of like-minded professionals and access to latest tools, resources and learning opportunities to be successful
- Creditability — Your expertise is backed by the world’s largest member association representing the accounting profession — the AICPA
Credential Tools & ResourcesAs a CPA/PFS Credential Holder, you get access to the following:
- PFP Section Membership — Complete access to all PFP Section resources and benefits
- Find a CPA/PFS Directory — You will be added to this web directory where consumers can locate local CPA/PFS credential holders and learn about the value of the CPA/PFS credential
- Business Development/Marketing Toolkit — Get access to the toolkit with media tips and resources, logos, coordinated ads and social media campaign materials, sample topical press releases, and current and past PFP Trends Survey results
- Media Opportunities — We encourage participation in media and public relations opportunities, such as radio and television interviews, periodic media training, and writing and speaking opportunities
- FINRA Series 65 Exam Waiver — As a PFS credential holder, if you apply for the Series 65 license the separate Series 65 exam requirement is waived and we provide the required Form ADV Part 2B descriptions for the CPA and CPA/PFS
- Use of PFS Logo — You will be able to download logos for use in your correspondence to enhance your brand recognition as a certified expert in your field