The AICPA Information Management and Technology Assurance (IMTA) Membership Section was formed in 1991, in recognition of the profound impact that technology has on the accounting profession. As new technologies emerge, accounting operations and information systems are becoming increasingly interdependent.
The IMTA Section is a voluntary AICPA membership section for Professional Accountants who want to hone their information technology skills and learn how to apply new technologies to expand their portfolio of services, and help their clients and organizations increase efficiency and maximize their bottom line. IMTA Section members have access to an impressive array of resources to help them as they strive to support their clients and employers operational, compliance and assurance needs.
IMTA Section Benefits
As an IMTA Section member you receive enormous value from your membership including:
- Resources – Discussion papers, case studies, toolkits, library of electronic books and practice aids.
- Free live web seminars – Led by subject-matter experts from around the United States, as well as full access to a library of archived web seminars and materials which will allow members to remain current on emerging issues and technologies affecting the accounting profession. Four complimentary CPE credits are included.
- News – Timely communications, such as the InfoTech Update, IMTA News and quarterly news publications. These will provide access to upcoming events, networking opportunities, latest business trends, regulatory updates and other valuable information.
- CPA Practice Advisor – A Professional Accountants focused magazine, for members only, that discusses the latest technology news and trends.
- Discounts – Discounts on AICPA Conferences, IT Audit Schools, webcasts and products such as IDEA software, Information Active and SyncBASE.
- Online Community – A member-only community that helps you identify and connect with other fellow technology members
- Website – Full website access for more resources to keep you on the cutting edge of information management and technology assurance issues and opportunities.