Benefits of Becoming an IMTA Section Member
The Information Management and Technology Assurance (IMTA) Section membership gives you access to resources that support you in using data and reporting systems to make improved business decisions. It also supports your ongoing learning about how technical skills and financial acumen can be used to evaluate technology risks in support of business objectives. IMTA Section members (including CITP ® credential holders) receive complimentary access to four web events (up to eight hours of CPE) and significant discounts on AICPA exclusive products and services.
Resources focused on helping you develop or expand your knowledge in information technology.
- Safari — Learn new technologies, build skills, and find the exact information you need to solve a problem on the fly. IMTA Section members get free access to 40,000 videos, books, and online training resources on topics including security and privacy, IT risk and assurance, data analytics and more.
- Plus, many more technical resources such as archived webcasts and podcasts, articles, and practice aids are at your disposal.
Ideally position yourself in a world where technology and business are inseparable.
It’s well known that technology plays a critical role in most business decisions. So, the skill of bridging business with technology is in high demand. It’s the Certified Information Technology Professional (CITP) credential that demonstrates your unique background and expertise in accounting and technology and how it helps you: evaluate the impact of technology risks on financial statement audits, assess technology risks, support system implementations, perform data analytics to provide insight for business decisions, evaluate security and privacy programs and perform assurance engagements.
The CITP credential is a specialty designation granted exclusively by the AICPA to CPAs and recognized equivalents who pass the CITP Examination and satisfy business experience and education requirements.
- Up to $100 off IMTA conferences, including Tech+, Digital CPA, Controllers Conference and National Advanced Accounting and Auditing Technical Symposium.
- 20% off IMTA webcasts, plus, get free access to four IMTA-sponsored webcasts (up to eight free hours of CPE) per year.
- Discounts on learning opportunities such as IT Audit Schools, SOC Schools, webcasts and publications.
The IMTA Section serves members as the voice of CPAs who provide information technology services by promoting and protecting member interests with regulators and other third parties.
CPE & Professional Development
Opportunities to meet CPE requirements through webcasts, conferences, self-study and more.
Learn more about each of the committees that support the section and share ideas with your peers in the member forums.
News and Publications
IMTA News offers insight on technical issues and promotes client communications and business development. Stay up to date.