Welcome CPA Canada Members
The AICPA is proud to offer qualified CPA Canada members access to select advisory credentials, including the Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF) credential and the Certified Information Technology Professional (CITP) credential.
Please note that as of April 1, 2017, CPA Canada members are required to write an exam to obtain the CFF or CITP credentials. The CFF and CITP exams are available. Questions about each exam may be submitted to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
CFF Credential Overview
The Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF) credential is granted exclusively to professional accountants (as deemed by a governing body) who demonstrate considerable expertise in forensic accounting through their knowledge, skills, and experience. The CFF credential encompasses fundamental and specialized forensic accounting skills that practitioners apply in a variety of service areas.
CITP Credential Overview
The Certified Information Technology Professional (CITP) credential is granted exclusively to professional accountants (as deemed by a governing body) who specialize and demonstrate specific skills, expertise and experience in the following areas: IT assurance, IT risks, data analytics, security and privacy, business solutions and emerging IT trends.
*Note: Applications must be saved to your computer for the electronic signatures to function properly.
Pathway to the Credential
In addition to meeting the requirements below, you will need to meet the education requirements, pass the corresponding exam and meet the experience requirements to obtain the CFF or CITP credential.
Steps to the Exam
Passing the Exam is a requirement towards obtaining the CFF or CITP credential.
General Credential Requirements
- Maintain CPA Canada membership in good standing.
- Be a CPA in good standing as defined by CPA Canada.
- Pass the corresponding credential exam and meet the minimum business experience and education requirements. The business experience and education requirements must have been completed within 5 years of applying for the CFF of CITP credential.
- Complete the CFF or CITP credential application and pay the respective credential fee of $500.
- Sign a Declaration of Intent to comply with the credential recertification requirements.
Benefits of Becoming a Credential Holder
- Provides access to corresponding section membership resources and content
- Positions the you a premier provider in your field
- Enhances your image as a competent, trustworthy expert
- Promotes a greater level of confidence for clients and employers
- Demonstrates commitment to continuously improving related skills and expertise, resulting in increased professional competency
- Increases opportunities for referrals from other practitioners, strategic partners, attorneys, and clients
- Includes you in a community of CPA professionals with similar interests and practices
- Access to invaluable tools & resources such as the marketing toolkit, mentor program and more
The AICPA is proud to offer qualified CPA Canada members Sections Memberships in the areas of personal financial planning, forensics and business valuation. Learn more >