AICPA to qualified CPAs. To qualify, new CITP applicants must:
- Be a member of the AICPA in good standing
- Hold a valid and unrevoked CPA license or certificate issued by a legally constituted state authority
- Pass the CITP Exam
- Upon successfully passing the CITP Examination, complete the CITP Credential Application.
- Applicants must attest to meeting the Business Experience requirement and pay the appropriate credential fee
Business Experience RequirementA CITP candidate must have a minimum of 1,000 hours of business experience in information management and technology assurance within the 5-year period preceding the date of the CITP application.
- A CITP candidate must have 75 hours of information management and technology assurance continuing professional development (CPD). All hours must have been obtained within the 5-year period preceding the date of the CITP application. Find out more about CPD Requirements of AICPA and NASBA.
- Sign a Declaration of Intent to comply with the requirements of CITP Recertification.