AICPA to qualified CPAs. To qualify, new CITP applicants must:
- Be a member of the AICPA in good standing
- Hold a valid and unrevoked CPA license or certificate issued by a legally constituted state authority
- Pass the CITP Exam (requirement waived for candidates who have passed ISACA’s Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA®) certification exam)
- Upon successfully passing the CITP Examination, complete the CITP Credential Application.
- Applicants must attest to meeting the Business Experience requirement and pay the appropriate credential fee
Business Experience RequirementA CITP candidate must have a minimum of 1,000 hours of business experience in the CITP body of knowledge within the 5-year period preceding the date of the CITP application.