Since January 2014, CPA Canada, in association with the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), has offered the Certified Information Technology Professional (CITP) Credential to its members.
The CITP Credential identifies Professional Accountants with the unique ability to provide business insight by leveraging knowledge of information relationships and supporting technologies. The CITP credential is granted exclusively to professional accountants who demonstrate specific skills, expertise and experience in the following areas: IT assurance, IT risks, data analytics, security and privacy, business solutions and emerging IT trends.
Build your credibility and distinguish yourself from other professionals in the market place. Become a CITP today.
CITP Qualifying Areas Knowledge
The CITP Body of Knowledge represents the fundamental concepts of information management and technology assurance. The qualifying areas of knowledge for CITP credential holders consist of:
- Information Management
- Information Governance
- Accounting Operations Technology Services
- Information Technology Risk and Advisory Services
- Engagement Compliance
- IT Controls and Assessment
The CITP credential program is designed to achieve the following objectives:
- Enhance the quality of information assurance services that CITPs provide
- Increase practice development and career opportunities for CITPs
- Promote members' services through Information Management and Technology Assurance (IMTA) website
- Achieve public recognition of the CITP as the preferred provider of information assurance services
Benefits of Becoming a CITP
Professional Accountants who provide information management and technology assurance services should consider obtaining the CITP credential because it:
- Positions the credential holder as a premier information assurance service provider
- Enhances the practitioner's image as a competent, trustworthy information technology expert
- Promotes a greater level of confidence amongst employers and clients
- Demonstrates commitment to continuously improving IT skills and expertise, resulting in increased professional competency
- Expands opportunities for referrals from other practitioners, strategic partners, consumers, and clients
- Includes you in a community of information assurance professionals with similar interests and practices
Note: CITP credential holders have access to all of the benefits of IMTA Section membership.