Benefits of Becoming a CITP Credential Holder
The Certified Information Technology Professional (CITP ®) designation sets you apart as a CPA who can bridge between business and technology while meeting the strict requirements for a CPA license as well as additional training and experience in IT assurance, IT risks, data analytics, security and privacy, business solutions and emerging IT trends.
The CITP demonstrates your ability to:
- Develop and maintain information governance policies and programs
- Perform data analytics and provide insight for business decisions and support financial reporting system implementation
- Evaluate the impact of technology risks and related controls on financial statements, assess technology risk and information management, to support system implementations and evaluate security and privacy programs
- Perform Service Organization Control Reports and related information assurance engagements
Why Become a CITP?
- Positions you as a premier information assurance services provider
- Affirms value to employers and clients, inspiring a greater level of confidence in your expertise
- Illustrates your proficiency in assessing technology risk and information management, supporting system implementations, and evaluating security and privacy programs
- Demonstrates your commitment to continuously improving IT skills and expertise
- Confirms your ability to perform Service Organization Control (SOC) Reports and related information assurance engagements
- Identifies your ability to develop and maintain information governance, perform data analytics, provide insight for business decisions, and support financial reporting system implementations
- Increases your opportunities for referrals from other practitioners, strategic partners, employers, consumers and clients
- Includes you in a CPA community of information assurance professionals with similar interests and practices
Tools & Resources
- IMTA Section Membership — CITP credential holders have access to all of the benefits of IMTA Section membership.
- CITP Sponsorship Program — If you are an IMTA Section member and interested in becoming a CITP, you may qualify for sponsorship to help achieve certification.
- CITP Champion Program — This offers specialized CPAs the support, structure, and resources to collaborate with state societies to inform CPAs about the specialization.
- CITP Mentor Program — Designed to support the professional growth of new and prospective CITP credential holders. As a participant in the program, you will be able to tap into the experience of a seasoned CITP professional to help you develop and enhance your skills.
- Use of CITP Logo — Download logos for use in your correspondence to enhance your brand recognition as a certified expert in your field.
- Marketing Toolkit — It includes information on how to market yourself and includes a press release, logos, brochure and presentation.
- CITP Credential Directory — You will be added to this directory where the public is able to search for a CITP in their state.