The Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF ®) Credential is exclusively granted by the AICPA to qualified CPAs. To qualify, new CFF applicants must:
- Hold a valid and unrevoked CPA license or certificate issued by a legally constituted state authority
- Pass the CFF Exam. The CFF Exam Content Specification Outline (CSO) includes details of subject areas covered on the exam.
- Upon successfully passing the CFF Exam, complete the online CFF Credential Application. Applicants must attest to meeting the minimum Business Experience and Education requirements and pay the appropriate credential fee.
- Business Experience: CFF candidates must have a minimum of 1,000 hours of business experience in forensic accounting within the 5-year period preceding the date of the CFF application. Refer to the CFF Application Kit for examples of business experience.
- Need 75 hours of forensic accounting related continuing professional development (CPD). All hours must have been obtained within the 5-year period preceding the date of the CFF application. Refer to the CFF Application Kit for further details.
- Complete the Core and Specialized Forensic Accounting Certificates. The bundle will reduce your education requirement from 75 hours to 59 hours.
- Sign a Declaration of Intent to comply with the requirements of CFF Recertification.
Download the CFF Credential Handbook for further details.