CPA Canada CITP Credential Pathway and Requirements
The CITP credential is granted exclusively to professional accountants (as deemed by a governing body) who have the unique ability to provide business insight by leveraging knowledge of information relationships and supporting technologies. As of April 1, 2017, CPA Canada members are required to write an exam to obtain the CITP credential. Questions may be submitted to email@example.com.
CITP credential holders demonstrate specific skills, expertise and experience in the following areas:
- Information security and cyber risks
- Business intelligence, data management and analytics
- IT governance, risks and controls
Get started on the pathway to the CITP credential below.
- Maintain CPA Canada membership in good standing.
- Be a CPA in good standing as defined by CPA Canada.
- Pass the CITP exam and meet the minimum business experience requirement within 5 years of applying for the CITP credential.
- Complete the CITP credential application and pay the respective credential fee of $300.
- Sign a Declaration of Intent to comply with the CITP recertification requirements.
Pathway to the CITP Credential
- Develop specialized knowledge through self-study courses and textbooks. Learn more about the CITP credential by downloading the pathway to CITP infographic.
Pass the CITP Exam
Candidates register and pass the CITP exam. The exam is a 4 hour, computer-based, non-disclosed exam. Learn more about the exam and how to prepare for it.
There are two ways a CITP credential candidate may successfully fulfill the business experience requirement:
- A CITP credential candidate must have a minimum of 1,000 hours of CITP related experience within the five-year period preceding the date of the CPA credential application.
- For candidates in academia, a qualified credential holder would be a full-time professor and have taught at least four accredited college courses, with 50% of the material included in the CITP Content Specification Outline.
Apply for the Credential
Met all of the requirements? You’re ready to apply today!