Introducing the CVFI™ credential
What is the CVFI credential?
It’s all about consistency, transparency and quality in reporting. Along with the Financial Instruments Performance Framework (FIPF), the CVFI credential provide valuation professionals with guidance on the minimum scope of work, rigor and documentation required when providing fair value estimates for financial instruments.
Who is the CVFI credential for?
The credential is intended for valuation professionals who perform fair value measurements for financial instruments for financial reporting purposes. It is open to CPAs and financial professionals.
How do I obtain the CVFI credential?
You’ll be required to meet the below requirements:
- Meet a minimum number of hours of fair value-related experience
- Undertake required fair-value-related education, successfully complete the exam
- Submit to a proactive, ongoing engagement-level quality-monitoring process
- Comply with the established mandatory framework
- Education, exam and application for the credential will launch in March 2019
Download the CVFI credential infographic
Complete the form below and we will email you an infographic outlining the credential, what it is, its benefits and how to get it. Plus, we will notify you know when it has officially launched!
Why should I get the CVFI credential?
Committment to transparency and consistency
Shows your commitment to enhancing audit quality and protecting the public interest with a transparent approach by providing consistent fair value measurements
Grow your earnings
Earn more money and grow your value
Positions you as a global leader in preparing fair value estimates for financial instruments
The AICPA behind you
Backed by the AICPA - the largest accounting membership body in the world
Compentency and confidence
Competence and confidence in performing fair value measurements
By promoting and protecting member interests with regulators and other third parties, the AICPA truly is the voice of professionals who perform fair value measurements for financial reporting purposes.
Who is the AICPA?
The American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) is the world’s largest accounting membership organization with a proven track record of leadership in the full accounting ecosystem supports you as you prepare to take the exam and in the years ahead as a credential holder. We provide:
- Network of 650,000 members and students in 179 countries
- Code of professional conduct
- Reputation for integrity, trust and credibility
- Proactive advocacy on legislation that affects the accounting profession
- History of serving the public interest since 1887
- 40 year history of monitoring quality