Credential holders who attest with their 2017 dues bill must adhere to the following recertification guidelines to maintain an active AICPA credential. If you are selected for audit in 2017, these guidelines will apply:
- Maintain membership in good standing in the AICPA.
- Pay an annual credential renewal fee (with your AICPA dues).
- Maintain an active CPA permit*, certificate or license issued by a legally constituted state authority.
- Obtain 60 hours of NASBA-approved CPE related to the credential’s body of knowledge every three years.
- Agree that if these requirements are not satisfied, the credential will be rescinded and the reinstatement requirements must be met to regain the credential.
- CFF and ABV credential holders must hold a valid and unrevoked CPA certificate issued by a legally constituted state authority and meet other prescribed requirements, and do not need an active CPA license.
*The AICPA credential renewal requirements will change effective Jan. 1, 2017. Learn more about the new requirements.