Eligibility: The Program is ONLY open to a voting member of AICPA who; a) has been invited by AICPA to participate in the Program, b) is also over 18 years of age, and c) is also a legal resident of one of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia or U.S. Territories. Employees, officers, and directors of AICPA, its divisions, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and the agents and advertising and promotion agencies of each of the foregoing, and any other entity that develops, produces, or distributes materials for or related to this Program, and members of their immediate families (defined for these purposes as including parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, and each of their respective spouses) or households (whether related or not) of any of the above, are NOT eligible to participate in the Program. By participating in the Program, you agree to be bound by these Terms and further agree that any and all decisions the AICPA, in its sole discretion may make with regard to the Program, are final and that you will abide by all such decisions.
AICPA reserves the right to disqualify illegible, incomplete, misdirected, late, or falsified referrals. AICPA is not responsible for lost, illegible, incomplete, misdirected, late, or falsified referrals, whether or not such circumstances were caused in any way by AICPA or one of AICPA’s agents. AICPA is not responsible for the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, mail, or Internet service, or unauthorized human intervention in any part of the referral process or the Program.
By participating in this Program, you acknowledge that the AICPA, and all other businesses concerned with this Program, as well as their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, do not make, nor are in any manner responsible for, any warranty or representations, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the quality, conditions, fitness, or merchantability of any aspect of any gratuity.
Those eligible for any referral gratuity will receive the gratuity via email, by 5:00 pm ET on October 1, 2016. Failure to claim the gratuity or failure to comply with any of the Terms will result in disqualification of that individual. If participant’s address is incorrect, illegible, or invalid, the individual will be disqualified. No gratuity will be awarded to any individual who has been disqualified for any reason. AICPA is not liable for awarding any gratuity to a participant who has violated these Terms.
Publication/Release of Information about Participants: By participating you grant AICPA the right to use and publish your legal name and state of residence online and in print, and/or in any other media, in connection with the Program and to provide information about you to any individual whose name you provide to AICPA in connection with the Program.
Gratuity: The referrer gratuity is a $100 Amazon gift card for each qualified candidate (must be a current or former licensed CPA who is yet to obtain the CGMA designation) whom the eligible individual refers if such candidate satisfies all the requirements set out in these Terms, Limit on gratuities -- an individual may refer a maximum of five (5) prospective CGMA candidates and any individual who refers qualified candidates may be awarded a maximum of $500 under this Program. No gratuity will be awarded with regard to any candidate referred by an individual unless the candidate satisfies ALL of the conditions set out in these terms, including but not limited to those set out in the additional terms section AND Note that unless the eligible candidate has agreed that we may notify you that he/she has registered to take the examination, you will not receive any gratuity and AICPA cannot and will not give you any information related to that candidate. Gratuity cannot be exchanged for cash. The AICPA reserves the right to substitute a gratuity of equal or greater value in the event any offered gratuity is unavailable. No substitution or transfer of any gratuity is permitted except as provided herein. AICPA is not liable for any damage to any gratuity occurring during delivery to any participant’s address.
The individual who receives the gratuity is responsible for the reporting, filing and payment of all applicable federal, state, and local taxes on receipt of his/her gratuity. The costs for goods or services not specified in these Terms are the responsibility of the individual who receives the gratuity.
Eligibility and Release: THE GRATUITY SHALL BE AWARDED WITHOUT WARRANTY FROM AICPA OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. AS A CONDITION OF PARTICIPATING IN THIS PROGRAM, PARTICIPANTS AGREE TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS AICPA, AS WELL AS THE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND REPRESENTATIVES OF AICPA FROM AND AGAINST ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY, CLAIM, LOSS, ACTION, DEMAND OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH PARTICIPATION OR ANY ATTEMPT TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PROGRAM OR ANY GRATUITY AWARDED, OR THE MISUSE OR MALFUNCTION OF ANY GRATUITY AWARDED.
Disputes/Choice of Law: Except where prohibited, each participant agrees that this Program shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of North Carolina, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. AICPA reserves the right to take such action as it deems necessary to enforce these Terms and ensure the fair operation of this Program, such as situations in which the Program does not operate properly due to technical or other unforeseen circumstances, including without limitation barring participants who do not comply with these Terms, terminating or modifying the Program, or modifying without prior notice these Terms.
By participating, participants acknowledge and agree that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Program shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the General Court of Justice of Durham County, North Carolina.
Any and all disputes, claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket expenses incurred by you (if any) in participating in this Program. You agree as a condition of participating in this Program that you will not seek, and hereby waive all rights to awards for, attorney’s fees, punitive, multiple, incidental, and consequential damages, or any other damages other than the actual out-of-pocket expenses specifically enumerated herein. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROGRAM IS A VIOLATION OF CIVIL AND CRIMINAL LAWS AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, AICPA RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
This Program is conducted by AICPA. If you wish to be excluded from any further referral programs by AICPA, send a letter informing AICPA of your preference to AICPA, ATTN: Member Value, 220 Leigh Farm Road, Durham, NC 27707. Upon receipt of such notification, AICPA will not send further referral program materials to the address you specify.
Contact for Information about this Program: For information regarding this Program contact the AICPA Member Service Center. You may call the Service Center between 9:00 am – 6:00 pm ET Monday – Friday or email the Service Center at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Terms: By participating and submitting the names of prospective CGMA candidates in connection with this Program, you hereby acknowledge and agree to the following additional terms:
- You may submit a maximum of five (5) names.
- You will receive no gratuity with regard to any individual unless ALL of the following conditions are fulfilled with regard to any such individual. The referred prospective CGMA candidate must:
- register to take the CGMA examination before August 9, 2016;
- either (i) hold a current, valid certified public accountant certificate or (ii) have previously held a valid certified public accountant certificate, which was not revoked or otherwise terminated or surrendered as a result of disciplinary action;
- have passed the Uniform Certified Public Accountancy Examination;
- meet all other eligibility requirements needed to take the CGMA examination;
- give his/her consent which would allow AICPA to inform you that the individual has registered. NOTE that if the candidate does not consent to allowing AICPA to inform you that the candidate has registered, AICPA may not, and will not, provide you with any information related to that candidate and you will NOT be eligible for any gratuity with regard to that candidate; and
- If the prospective CGMA candidate referred by you is also referred by any other individual, the referring individual whose unique voucher code is used by the referred individual will be the only individual who may be eligible for the referral gratuity.
- You understand, acknowledge and agree that you may apply for this CGMA candidate referral program ONLY ONCE.
- You warrant and represent that:
- you have received permission from all those individuals whose names you submit to provide their names to AICPA in connection with this Program.
- You will hold AICPA, its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, and employees, harmless from any loss they may incur as a result of your participation in the Program and you will fully indemnify AICPA with regard to any such claim or action that may result from your participation in the Program.
- You agree that AICPA has no responsibility or liability in connection with any error or illegibility of any information below or in connection with this Program.
- You agree that all decisions with regard to identity and eligibility of the individual(s) below and all decisions related to the Program by AICPA are final and binding in all respects, shall be at AICPA’s sole discretion, and that you will abide by, and not contest, any decision of AICPA with respect to this Program or your possible eligibility for any gratuity.