AICPA Outstanding Young CPA Award
About the Award
The AICPA Outstanding Young CPA Award in Honor of Maximo Mukelabai recognizes a young CPA who personifies an unwavering commitment as demonstrated through successful practices, involvement in and contributions for the interest of the accounting profession.
We strongly recommend you have the professional reference form completed by your employer, state CPA society or affiliate membership organization representative, or community service organization or other professional relationship.
How to apply
Potential candidates should submit the following information
- Current resume or vita
- Completed professional reference forms
- Volunteer letter focused on the following:
- History of demonstrated leadership within your job or volunteer activities.
- Why volunteering is important to the accounting profession.
- How your volunteer service has positively impacted the accounting profession.
- Be a licensed CPA between the ages of 22-40
- Be a regular voting member of the AICPA
- Lead and/or take part in volunteer efforts in your community
- Promote the profession
- Complete application, essay and reference letters by Dec. 15
How to nominate a candidate
Individuals may self-nominate or be nominated by an employer, state CPA society or affiliate membership organization representative, or community service organization or other professional.
- Complete the professional reference form for your nominee.
Maximo Mukelabai was a member of the inaugural class of the AICPA Leadership Academy in 2009. Tragically, Maximo's life ended abruptly at the age of 36. He was an extraordinary individual filled with passion, intellect and inspiration; traits immediately recognized by anyone who met him.
Maximo's most recent accomplishment was made official on May 4, 2011 when he became the youngest and first African-American chair for the North Carolina Association of CPAs board of directors. Maximo's influence and leadership was felt by so many and he is sorely missed.
Previous award winners
We honor these previous recipients of the AICPA Outstanding Young CPA Award