AICPA Leadership Academy
The AICPA Leadership Academy exposes the next generation of CPAs to a strong ethic of leadership and service, providing them with strategies that empower candidates to become leaders within their organizations, communities and the CPA profession.
What is the Leadership Academy?
The interactive dialogue with the profession’s thought leaders and other academy participants focuses on the issues that the profession is currently facing.
The academy exposes the next generation of CPAs to strong leadership ethics and service while providing them with the strategies to forge relationships, to expand their competencies and empower them to become a leader within their organization, community, and the CPA profession.
For questions or additional information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Experiential learning
- Leadership development
- Impact the profession
- Personal development
Who should attend?
CPAs who meet the following eligibility requirements at the time of application, are invited to apply:
- AICPA voting member
- Member of a state society or professional accounting organization
- 3+ years of experience within the CPA profession
- Between the ages of 25 and 35
How to apply?
The application process includes uploading:
- Professional photo (press release style head-shot)
- Current resume or vita
- Two professional letters of reference (reference form)
- Two essays:
- Essay #1 (500-700 words): The future will bring significant changes to the accounting profession. What do leaders have to get right in order to successfully lead?
- Essay #2 (250-500 words): Why do you want to attend the AICPA Leadership Academy?
Travel, hotel and fees
Dates: October 7-11, 2018
Location: The Washington Duke Inn, Durham, NC
Cost: Accepted individuals or sponsors are responsible for a $1,250 program fee which includes:
Leadership Academy Facilitators
What do past attendees have to say?
Read what AICPA Leadership Academy Alumni have to say about their experiences. Still want to learn more? Join the conversation on Twitter at #AICPA_LDR
"Leadership Academy was profoundly transformational - it positively impacted the way I approach my life and my career while providing what I know will be life-long friendships developed in just a few days."
Other AICPA opportunities
Learn about additional opportunities and resources AICPA offers for accounting leadership programs and professional development for young accountants.