Summary: Find new business using the suggestions in this helpful podcast about business development. Operating a growing practice means wearing many hats. For most small firms and sole practitioners, that means finding time and talent for business development as well. In this helpful podcast, Cari Weston, CPA, CGMA, MS Tax and Director of Tax at AICPA discusses strategies and tactics for securing new business, as well as for working to make your client roster the one you want. Listen now.
You can view all of our Tax Power Chat Podcasts here.
- Tax Season Business Development: Tax Practice Management article, The Tax Adviser, March 2016
- Asking Clients for Referrals this Tax Season: Webcast archive audio and presentation slides, Jan. 2016
- Gearing Up for Business Development: What IS business development? This guide walks you through the fundamental components of everything you need to do to get, keep and grow clients. PCPS members only.
- Teaching Young CPAs Business Development Skills: In this video, Mark Koziel, CPA, shares low-risk strategies for building confidence and experience in selling skills.
- Business Development - Distinctions Between Marketing & Sales: This short course explores those key questions - and their implications for growing your business.
- Tips and Techniques for Building a Stronger Network: Networking is one of the most powerful tools accountants can develop. In this course, learn about the various types of networks and how to develop a strong network.
This symbol identifies tools and resources available exclusively for Tax Section members. When accessing premium member-only content within the Tax Resource Library, you will be prompted to enter your user ID and password to validate your Tax Section membership. Not a member? Learn more about these premium resources along with the many other benefits of membership in the AICPA Tax Section.