I hope you are having a great 2018 so far. Here are a few things for you to look forward to (in addition to the rapidly approaching tax season) for the coming year.
- Explaining the Sec. 199A pass-through deduction so many times that you can now recite it in your sleep.
- More cocktail and dinner party invitations because your friends and family have “one little question about the new tax law changes.”
- Putting the new law on your bedside table to take the place of your normal nighttime reading.
- Having a contest to come up with the best nickname for the law known as “To provide for reconciliation pursuant to titles II and V of the concurrent resolution on the budget for fiscal year 2018.”
- Not having to worry about keeping busy during the summer, because, hello new tax law!