Our comprehensive package of busy season resources are now available for download (for Tax Section members only)! We have checklists, organizers, and engagement letters for key practice areas, including: Corporations, Estates, Trusts, & Gifts, Exempt Organizations, Individuals, Partnerships, and S Corporations. Our practice guides cover nexus, state and local unique tax considerations for both business and individual clients, as well as vehicle related guidance.
- Organizers - get clients engaged early and make it easier for them to compile their current year tax records by sending these comprehensive organizers
- Client Engagement Letters - start each tax engagement off on the right track and protect yourself and your firm by ensuring that each client engagement is outlined properly in advance. Professional liability claims continue to be high on tax engagements, but you can minimize your risk by starting with one of these templates and customize it for your specific needs.
- Checklists - regardless of experience, checklists should always be used by tax practitioners to ensure compliance with IRS reporting and documentation rules, and assist practitioners with identifying any missed reporting issues, planning opportunities and potential exam or audit risks on a tax return (Form 1120 S Corporation PDF versions coming soon)
- Practice Guides - comprehensive publications that provide guidance, recent developments and trends, best practices, and recommendations for workflow and documentation
- Vehicle Related Guide
- Unique Considerations for State & Local Tax (business & individual) - coming soon
- Nexus Guide - coming soon
Checklists and Organizers are available in both Word and PDF format - Word versions can be downloaded and modified to your firms’ specific desires and specifications. PDF versions cannot be modified, but are fillable and can be saved as an electronic file – great for firms that are paperless as it can be saved directly to clients’ electronic files!
Thank you to the Checklist Task Force and other Tax Division Volunteers for all of your hard work in putting these valuable resources together for our members!