Continuing Professional Education, Web Events and Conferences for Tax
The AICPA schedules webcasts and events that provide expert advice on technical tax and planning issues that matter to CPAs. Tax Section members receive additional discounted pricing on webcasts and four complimentary webcasts (annually) that offer eight hours of CPE credit. This page provides registration links and other information on upcoming learning opportunities.
Featured Tax Section Event
Tax Practice Quarterly: 2019 Tax Ethics Update
October 30, 2019, 1pm ET, 2 CPE credits
(Free for Tax Section Members)
Get your annual tax ethics update from our experts, Donna Sauter, CPA and Joe Scutellaro, CPA. They will share real-life examples on how to navigate various ethical situations and how to develop an effective tax practice quality control system.
Tax Reform Readiness Webcasts
Join these webcasts for practical discussions on tax reform's impact on top tax reform issues impacting individuals and businesses.
- See real-life examples that compare the tax consequences of being a C corporation, S corporation or partnership/LLC under the new rules.
- Help clients understand how tax reform will affect their taxes and provide valuable tax planning opportunities.
- Improve planning strategies to help you advise your clients given these emerging issues and opportunities.
- Social Security and Medicare: Maximizing Retirement Benefits (rebroadcast), multiple dates offered, 4 CPE credits
- Basis/Distributions for Pass-Through Entities: Simplifying the Complexities, (rebroadcast) Aug. 8, 9am ET, 8 CPE credits
- Translating the K-1 to the New Form 1040: A How-To Guide for Practitioners, (rebroadcast) multiple dates offered, 1pm ET, 1 CPE credit
- Washington Tax Brief, Oct. 16, 1pm ET, free event, no CPE credit
- Capitalizing on Tax Reform: Tips for Effective Client Conversations, (rebroadcast), Aug. 21, 1pm ET, 1.5 CPE credits
- IRS Tax Penalties and Strategies for Abatement, multiple dates offered, 1pm ET, 2 CPE credits
- 2019 Mid-Year Tax Roundup, multiple dates offered, 1pm ET, 2 CPE credits
Archived Tax Section Webcasts
Can't make it to the live event or prefer to watch a webcast on-demand? Tax Section webcasts are archived for one year and available for Tax Section members to watch any time (without CPE credit). In most cases, presentation materials are also available for download as part of the webcast archive. Archives are generally available one week after the original event, unless the event offers a rebroadcast. In that case, the archive is generally available within one week after the rebroadcast. View archives.
Featured: Unlimited Webcasts
Get year-round unrestricted access to more than 500 webcasts featuring top experts, regulators and industry leaders. With the Annual Webcast Pass, you can explore a variety of topics specific to your current work or for future career opportunities.
Upcoming Tax Conferences
AICPA National Tax Conference
Nov. 13-14 | Washington, D.C. or Attend Online ($100 discount for Tax Section members)
Heard enough about the new legislation and critical issues surrounding the tax landscape this year? Get a different lens from the IRS, Treasury and the DOJ as they share their perspectives. Also, join other thought leaders in tax as they provide their insights and experiences on the latest updates this year.
- Nov. 18-19: AICPA Sophisticated Tax Planning for Your Wealthy Clients, Philadelphia, PA. or Virtual (discounts for Tax Section members)
Improve your skills and meet CPE requirements with high-quality, self-paced courses from the AICPA. Stay on top of current legislation and standards with a variety of learning options on key tax topics.
Featured: Tax Reform CPE Self-Study Courses
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act results in historic tax reform impacting nearly every American. These CPE courses provide a comprehensive overview of the changes impacting corporations, pass-through entities, individuals and families, as well as critical financial planning considerations and strategies.
- Tax Reform's Impact on International Business, 5.5 CPE credits
- Tax Reform's Impact on Global Intangible Low-Taxed Income and Foreign-Derived Intangible Income, 2 CPE credits
- Tax Reform's Impact on Other Subpart F Modifications and Inbound Transactions, 2 CPE credits
- Tax Reform's Impact on Outbound Taxation, 3 CPE credits
- Protecting your Client and Your Firm from Tax Return Identity Theft, 4.5 CPE credits