Continuing Professional Education, Web Events and Conferences for Tax
The AICPA schedules webcasts and events that provide expert advice on technical tax and planning issues that matter to CPAs. Tax Section members receive additional discounted pricing on webcasts and four complimentary webcasts (annually) that offer eight hours of CPE credit. This page provides registration links and other information on upcoming learning opportunities.
Featured Tax Section Event
Tax Practice Quarterly: Hot Topics in Tax Practice Management
May 9, 2019, 1pm ET, 2 CPE credits
(Free for Tax Section Members)
Come together with your peers after busy season and hash out your pain points and issues during the first part of the year. The content will be determined by Tax Section members through our annual post-busy season survey. Learn what are the hot button items to keep on your radar throughout 2019.
Tax Reform Readiness Webcasts
Join these webcasts for practical discussions on tax reform's impact on top tax reform issues impacting individuals and businesses.
- See real-life examples that compare the tax consequences of being a C corporation, S corporation or partnership/LLC under the new rules.
- Help clients understand how tax reform will affect their taxes and provide valuable tax planning opportunities.
- Improve planning strategies to help you advise your clients given these emerging issues and opportunities.
- Feb. 26 (1pm ET) Tax Reform: Overview of Final Section 199A Regulations (rebroadcast), 2 CPE credits
- Feb. 27 (1pm ET) Tax Reform: A Case Study Approach to Final Section 199A (rebroadcast), 2 CPE credits
- Mar. 19 (9am ET) Social Security and Medicare: Maximizing Retirement Benefits (rebroadcast), 4 CPE credits
- May 24 (9am ET) Basis/Distributions for Pass-Through Entities: Simplifying the Complexities, 8 CPE credits
Tax Nano Library Learning
Exclusive, unlimited online access. Free for Tax Section members.
These 10-minute CPE modules on tax topics such as repair regulations, individual tax, ITIN renewals, and innovation provide an excellent way to get quick answers to key issues. Check back often as this new learning library will be continuously updated. Learn more.
Archived Tax Section Webcasts
Can't make it to the live event or prefer to watch a webcast on-demand? Tax Section webcasts are archived for one year and available for Tax Section members to watch any time (without CPE credit). In most cases, presentation materials are also available for download as part of the webcast archive. Archives are generally available one week after the original event, unless the event offers a rebroadcast. In that case, the archive is generally available within one week after the rebroadcast. View archives.
Featured: Unlimited Webcasts
Get year-round unrestricted access to more than 500 webcasts featuring top experts, regulators and industry leaders. With the Annual Webcast Pass, you can explore a variety of topics specific to your current work or for future career opportunities.
Upcoming Tax Conferences
AICPA Engage Conference
Jun. 9-13 | Las Vegas, NV or Attend Online ($100 discount for Tax Section members)
AICPA's ENGAGE is the newest, premier event that offers expanded leadership and learning opportunities to accelerate and advance your success. This one event brings together five of the AICPA’s well-known conferences for four days of fresh ideas and breakthrough presentations and workshops - all under one roof.
- Nov. 29-30: AICPA Sophisticated Tax Planning for Your Wealthy Clients, Washington, D.C. or Virtual (discounts for Tax Section members)
Improve your skills and meet CPE requirements with high-quality, self-paced courses from the AICPA. Stay on top of current legislation and standards with a variety of learning options on key tax topics.
Featured: Tax Reform CPE Self-Study Courses
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act results in historic tax reform impacting nearly every American. These CPE courses provide a comprehensive overview of the changes impacting corporations, pass-through entities, individuals and families, as well as critical financial planning considerations and strategies.
- Tax Reform's Impact on International Business, 5.5 CPE credits
- Tax Reform's Impact on Global Intangible Low-Taxed Income and Foreign-Derived Intangible Income, 2 CPE credits
- Tax Reform's Impact on Other Subpart F Modifications and Inbound Transactions, 2 CPE credits
- Tax Reform's Impact on Outbound Taxation, 3 CPE credits