Continuing Professional Education, Web Events and Conferences for Tax
The AICPA schedules webcasts and events that provide expert advice on technical tax and planning issues that matter to CPAs. Tax Section members receive additional discounted pricing on webcasts and four complimentary webcasts (annually) that offer eight hours of CPE credit. This page provides registration links and other information on upcoming learning opportunities.
Featured Tax Section Event
Tax Practice Quarterly: Latest Trends in Tax Technology
(Free for Tax Section members)
July 18, 2018, 1pm ET, 2 CPE credits
Technology is evolving rapidly. As a result, it is crucial for tax practitioners to stay up to date and adapt to the latest trends. Join our experts for this once-a-year update to ensure that your firm is innovating at the pace of change.
Tax Reform Readiness Webcasts
Join these webcasts for practical discussions on tax reform's impact on top tax reform issues impacting individuals and businesses.
- See real-life examples that compare the tax consequences of being a C corporation, S corporation or partnership/LLC under the new rules.
- Help clients understand how tax reform will affect their taxes and provide valuable tax planning opportunities.
- Improve planning strategies to help you advise your clients given these emerging issues and opportunities.
- July 17 (1pm ET) Tax Reform: The New Qualified Business Income (QBI) Deduction (rebroadcast), 2 CPE credits
- July 24 (1pm ET) Tax Reform Readiness: Reevaluating Clients' Choice of Entity, 2 CPE credits
- July 26 (1pm ET) Tax Reform Readiness: Top 10 Issues and Opportunities, 2 CPE credits
- Aug. 7 (1pm ET) Tax Reform Readiness: Effectively Hold a Client Tax Planning Meeting, 2 CPE credits
Tax Nano Library LearningTake advantage of exclusive, unlimited online access to our Tax Nano Learning Library. Free for Tax Section members, these 10-minute CPE modules on tax and practice management topics such as repair regulations, individual tax, ITIN renewals, and innovation provide an excellent way to get quick answers to key issues. Check back often as this new learning library will be continuously updated. Learn more.
Archived Tax Section Webcasts
Can't make it to the live event or prefer to watch a webcast on-demand? Tax Section webcasts are archived for one year and available for Tax Section members to watch any time (without CPE credit). In most cases, presentation materials are also available for download as part of the webcast archive. Archives are generally available one week after the original event, unless the event offers a rebroadcast. In that case, the archive is generally available within one week after the rebroadcast. View archives.
Featured: Unlimited Webcasts
Get year-round unrestricted access to more than 500 webcasts featuring top experts, regulators and industry leaders. With the Annual Webcast Pass, you can explore a variety of topics specific to your current work or for future career opportunities.
Upcoming Tax Conferences
AICPA National Tax Conference
Nov 12-13 | Washington, D.C. or Attend Online ($100 discount for Tax Section members)
The AICPA National Tax Conference brings leading tax practitioners and key government officials together to present differing and shared positions for a thoughtful review of potential scenarios, tax priorities and a pulse check of the ever-changing tax landscape. Learn to skillfully maneuver within the present timeframe with direct guidance from the IRS, Treasury and the Department of Justice. Combined with peers’ experiences and insights, this conference will help you find the best path forward in advising your clients.
Improve your skills and meet CPE requirements with high-quality, self-paced courses from the AICPA. Stay on top of current legislation and standards with a variety of learning options on key tax topics.
Featured: Tax Reform CPE Self-Study Courses
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act results in historic tax reform impacting nearly every American. These CPE courses provide a comprehensive overview of the changes impacting corporations, pass-through entities, individuals and families, as well as critical financial planning considerations and strategies.
- Getting to the Heart of Tax Reform: Individual Tax and Estate Planning Strategies, 5 CPE credits
- Tax Reform's Impact on Corporations and Pass-Through Entities, 5.5 CPE credits
- Tax Reform's Impact on International Business, 5.5 CPE credits
- Tax Reform's Impact on Global Intangible Low-Taxed Income and Foreign-Derived Intangible Income, 2 CPE credits
- Tax Reform's Impact on Other Subpart F Modifications and Inbound Transactions, 2 CPE credits
- Tax Reform's Impact on Outbound Taxation, 3 CPE credits