In times like these, we know it’s now more important than ever to have access to the most up to date information and relevant resources to support you and your business. We’re working hard to deliver you a new and improved experience, tailored to your individual needs. You’ll start seeing some changes later this month.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) tax resources
The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted all aspects of our lives and created many uncertainties and challenges. The AICPA Tax Section is here to help and has developed resources to help you get through this critically important time.
AICPA Tax Section resources (Open to all AICPA members)
- Coronavirus Client Letter for Individuals
- Coronavirus Business Client Letter
- Coronavirus Tax Snapshot for Clients
- COVID-19 Loan Application Assistance Service Engagement Letter
- Flyer to Help Non-Filers Claim the Economic Stimulus Payment
- CARES Act and Families First Coronavirus Response Act Summary (Open to everyone)
- CARES Act Stimulus Calculator (Open to everyone)
- Coronavirus and Tax Impacts FAQs
- Federal Due Dates Chart Updated for COVID-19 Relief
- State Due Dates Chart Updated for COVID-19 Relief
- State Tax Filing Relief Guidance (Open to everyone)
Virtual learning opportunities
- AICPA Town Hall Series: CARES Act and Paycheck Protection Program, 1 CPE credit (Free for AICPA members)
- Top Tax Planning Strategies in the Current Environment, 1 CPE credit
- Deciphering the Interaction Between the FFCRA & CARES Act, 1 CPE credit
- AICPA Town Hall Update: CARES Act and Paycheck Protection Program, April 23, 2020
- The CARES Act and the Paycheck Protection Program, April 19, 2020
- Financial Planning Guidance for CPAs in the Wake of COVID-19, April 17, 2020
- AICPA Town Hall Update: CARES Act and Paycheck Protection Program, April 16, 2020
- Navigating Change: Tax Implications of the Families First Coronavirus Response Act, April 10, 2020
- Understanding Market Implications and Bringing Calm Amid Chaos, April 6, 2020
- Tax Implications of the CARES Act, April 3, 2020
- H.R. 6201: Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- H.R. 748: Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act
IRS Notices and Revenue Procedures
- Notice 2020-32: Deductibility of Trade or Business Expenses from a Loan Under the Paycheck Protection Program
- Notice 2020-26: Extension of Time to File Application for Tentative NOL Carryback Adjustment
- Notice 2020-23: Additional Relief for Taxpayers Affected by Ongoing Coronavirus Disease 2019 Pandemic
- Notice 2020-22: Relief from Penalty for Failure to Deposit Employment Taxes
- Notice 2020-21: Effective Date for Employment Tax Credits Under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- Notice 2020-20: Relief Related to Gift and Generation-Skipping Transfer Tax Filing Payment and Deadlines
- Notice 2020-18: Relief for Taxpayers Affected by Ongoing Coronavirus Disease 2019 Pandemic
- Rev. Proc. 2020-28: Procedures for Taxpayers Who Normally Do Not File Federal Tax Return to File Returns to Receive Economic Impact Payments
- Rev. Proc. 2020-27: Exclusions from Gross Income for Certain Nonresident Individuals
- Rev. Proc. 2020-26: Safe Harbors, Loan Forbearance Programs Under CARES Act
- Rev. Proc. 2020-25: Additional First Year Depreciation Deduction for Property Acquired and Placed in Service After Sept. 27, 2017
- Rev. Proc. 2020-22: CARES Act Related to Interest Expenses Under Sec. 163(j)
- Rev. Proc. 2020-20: Relief to Certain Nonresident Individuals to Qualify for Treaty Benefits on Services Income
- Rev. Proc. 2018-58: Time for Performing Certain Acts Postponed by Reason of Service in a Combat Zone or a Federally-Declared Disaster
- Coronavirus-Related Relief for Retirement Plans and IRAs Questions and Answers
- COVID-19-Related Tax Credits for Required Paid Leave Provided by Small and Midsize Businesses
- COVID-19 Relief for Estate and Gift
- Deferral of Employment Tax Deposits and Payments Through Dec. 31, 2020
- Employee Retention Credit Under the CARES Act
- Filing and Payment Deadlines
- Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund and Emergency Financial Aid Grants under the CARES Act
- Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here
Other IRS guidance
- Cross-Border Tax Guidance Related to Travel Disruptions Arising from the COVID-19 Emergency
- IRS Coronavirus and Economic Payments: Resources and Guidance
- IRS Economic Impact Payment Information Center
- IRS Operations During COVID-19: Mission-Critical Functions Continue
- IRS People First Initiative: COVID-19 Effort Temporarily Adjusts and Suspends Key Compliance Program
- Temporary Procedures to Fax Certain Forms 1139 and 1045 due to COVID-19
Department of Labor
- COVID-19 and the Family and Medical Leave Act Questions and Answers
- Temporary Rule: Paid Leave Under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
Small Business Administration
- Business Loan Program Temporary Changes; Paycheck Protection Program
- Coronavirus Small Business Guidance and Loan Resources
- Paycheck Protection Program FAQs
Social Security Administration
- AICPA Coronavirus Resource Center – Check out the latest AICPA updates and free learning opportunities focused on COVID-19.
- Journal of Accountancy coronavirus resources for CPAs – Access the latest news and publications on helping CPAs manage the COVID-19 pandemic.
- AICPA personal financial planning coronavirus resources – Tap into resources to help you reinforce your role as your client’s trusted financial planning adviser.
- AICPA forensic and valuation coronavirus resources – Get the latest content related to forensic accounting and business valuation.
- AICPA Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) resources for CPAs – Resources to explain and help your clients with PPP loans.
- AICPA technology coronavirus resources – Access resources on working remotely, cybersecurity, crisis management and more.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) tax policy and advocacy resources – Stay up to date on the latest news on AICPA tax policy and advocacy efforts on behalf of the CPA profession.
Reviewed May 13, 2020