The Trust, Estate, and Gift Tax TRP identifies issues and develops policy by:
- Monitoring legislative and regulatory activity related to trust, estate, and gift tax matters;
- Suggesting areas for modifications to simplify and clarify trust, estate and gift and generation skipping transfer tax provisions;
- Providing oversight for task forces created to address improvements to tax law, regulatory rules and tax process relating to trust, estate, and gift tax matters;
- Maintaining appropriate relationships with the IRS, Treasury, Congress, and other government officials;
- Collaborate with other organizations, such as the ABA and the American Bankers Association, as appropriate;
- Acting as a resource to assist the other committees, TRPs, and task forces, as appropriate, on trust, estate and gift tax matters, including collaborating with other AICPA groups (e.g., Personal Financial Planning division).
|Peggy A. Ugent, Chair
Giordani, Swanger, Ripp & Jetel LLP
|Mary Kay A. Foss, Immediate Past Chair
Ernst & Young LLP
Honkamp Krueger & Co., P.C.
Anchin, Block & Anchin LLP
Deloitte Tax LLP
Brian T. Whitlock, P.C.
AICPA Staff Liaison