The Employee Benefits TRP identifies issues and develops policy by:
- Monitoring legislative and regulatory activity in the area of employee benefits taxation, such as employee benefit plans (including executive compensation and payroll taxes) and tax provisions of the Affordable Care Act.
- Identifying issues and recommend modifications to and simplification and clarification of the employee benefits tax provisions,
- Maintaining appropriate relationships with the IRS, Treasury, Congress, Department of Labor, Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation, and other government officials,
- Collaborating with other organizations that deal with employee benefits, as appropriate,
- Serving as a subject matter expert in the area of employee benefits taxation for the AICPA conferences team in the planning of relevant conferences,
- Acting as a resource to assist the other committees, TRPs, and task forces, as appropriate, on matters of employee benefits taxation, and
- Overseeing the Health Care Tax Task Force.
|Jeffrey Martin, Chair
Grant Thornton LLP
|Kelly Davis, Immediate Past Chair
Clifton Larson Allen LLP
University of North Carolina at Pembroke
RSM US LLP
Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C.
BDO USA, LLP
|Thomas (Tom) Pevarnik
Deloitte Tax LLP
Cherry Bekaert LLP
AICPA Staff Liaison