There are many opportunities for those who seek a career in tax. The financial rewards for successful CPAs who focus in taxation are very high, as are the intangible benefits such as work-life balance and career growth opportunities. We have developed tools and resources for current and prospective tax professionals who want to learn about the profession and how to prosper in it.
- Start Here, Go Places: Resources for high school students interested in accounting or tax.
- This Way to CPA: Virtual warehouse of information and motivation for college students and future CPAs.
- Young CPA Network: Emerging community where young and aspiring CPAs can seek answers and advice from professional peers.
- Public Accounting, Academia, Corporate Accounting, Government, Not-Profit: Select interest areas to learn more about tax opportunities across all of these sectors.
- AICPA Online Mentoring Program: The program matches volunteer mentors with mentees who have similar backgrounds and interests, and enables them to work together entirely online.
- Association Career Hub: Brings together accounting and tax professionals looking for their next career opportunity, and employers searching for the best talent.
- Women in the Profession: The AICPA, led by its Women's Initiatives Executive Committee, is committed to the retention and advancement of women in tax and accounting.
- Diversity and Inclusion: The AICPA works to encourage and promote diversity and inclusion within the CPA profession and its workforce.
- Women Tax Professionals Share Their Stories: Video discusses the challenges and successes from the perspective of women who are balancing their careers with the demands of their personal lives.
- How Firms Find Skilled Staff During a Hiring Boom, Journal of Accountancy, May 2017
- How to Succeed in Your First Accounting Job, Journal of Accountancy, April 2017
- What Large Firms Expect from New Accounting Grads, Journal of Accountancy, March 2017
- 8 Tips for Finding, Hiring, and Retaining the Best Busy Season Staff, Journal of Accountancy, Jan. 2017
- 2017 EDGE conference: Here you'll discover what it takes to be a standout professional and reach your goals.
- Leadership Academy: Gives strategies to empower young CPAs to become leaders; this four-day program provides experiential learning, networking, and personal development.
Reviewed June 14, 2017