Want to stay up to date with ethics guidance? Tune in to this episode of Ethically Speaking to hear the latest on projects the AICPA Professional Ethics Executive Committee is working on. In its open meeting this quarter, the committee discussed several topics including NOCLAR, IESBA developments, inducements, staff augmentation, and the three-year strategy and work plan. Staff presented updates on helpful implementation guidance for hosting services and auditors of state and local government entities.
PEEC meetings are open to the public and we always welcome feedback and input about projects and plans.
What (and who) you’ll hear in this episode:
Toni Lee-Andrews: Introduction of Brian Lynch, new committee chair (00:48)
- Brian Lynch: PEEC three-year strategy and work plan (01:30)
- Andy Mintzer: IESBA update (03:58)
- Robert Denham: NOCLAR (06:51)
- Stephanie Saunders: Statements on Standards for Tax Services, revision project (10:30)
- Ellen Goria: Hosting services, new FAQs (13:45)
- Ellen Goria: Staff augmentation (18:05)
- Anna Doudourekas: Inducements (23:10)
- Melissa Powell: Implementation guidance for auditors of state and local governments (24:50)
- Jennifer Kappler: Updates on tools to apply the guidance for client affiliates. (26:41)
Listen to this episode:
If you have questions about the substantive content of this episode, please call the ethics hotline at 888.777.7077 (option 2, then option 3) or email email@example.com.
If you have comments on this episode or if you’d like to suggest topics for future episodes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.