Recorded June 28.
Listen in on this second hosting services episode to hear answers to questions coming into our hotline and received at the recent Engage conference.
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- Hosting services explained (1:03)
- Why hosting services impair independence (2:05)
- What tax practitioners need to provide to their clients to meet the requirements of this interpretation (4:40)
- About UNICAP calculations (6:25)
- What qualifies as hosting when a third-party cloud service is used (7:20)
- How the interpretation affects members’ portals (9:47)
- About services that are not considered hosting (11:13)
- Members’ responsibility to safeguard client information (13:50)
- Final thoughts on professional judgment, retroactive responsibility, safeguarding client information, and work papers (15:25)
Listen to the episode below:
If you have questions about the substantive content of this episode, please call the ethics hotline at 888.777.7077 (option 2, then option 3) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have comments on this episode or if you’d like to suggest topics for future episodes, please email email@example.com.