What are hosting services? Do you know whether you’re providing this to your clients and whether your independence will be impaired when the new guidance takes effect on July 1? Listen and learn what you need to know to be prepared.
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- Hosting services explained (0:53)
- Why the new guidance is necessary and what issues it's addressing (2:08)
- Benefits to members and the public of the new guidance (3:50)
- Examples of services that are and aren't hosting and will or won't impair independence (6:15)
- Crossover between records requests and hosting services (11:29)
- Implementation guidance offered by the ethics division (13:00)
- About portals and hosting (15:05)
- Reasonable period of time defined (17:50)
- Recurring bookkeeping services and hosting (21:06)
Listen to the episode below:
Aids Mentioned in this episode:
- Nonattest Services FAQs - Find answers to independence questions on page 21.
- AICPA Plain English Guide to Independence - Check out pages 43-44 for more information.
If you have comments on this episode or if you’d like to suggest topics for future episodes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.