Listen as Aradhana Aggrawal and April Sherman, two of our independence and behavioral managers, talk about ethics hotline activity and about the new Qs&As we’ve released on hosting. Just in time for tax season, we’ve answered questions on general ledger software, tax returns, and independence.
What you’ll hear in this episode
- (00:40) Background, definition, and what the hosting interpretation says.
- (02:00) What questions were coming in when the interpretation became effective?
- (04:13) What about nonattest services for affiliates? How does the interpretation apply?
- (05:30) Newly released questions and answers on general ledger software, tax returns, repeat requests for documents, and the by-product of engagements.
- (11:41) Center for Plain English Accounting upcoming report on the hosting services interpretation.
Listen to this episode:
Resources mentioned in this episode
- The new Qs&As are in Frequently Asked Questions: Nonattest services. Go to page 22 and look for question 5 and 8‒10.
- You can find the Hosting Services interpretation in the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct at section 1.295.143.
- Keep an eye out for the soon-to-be-published CPEA report on hosting. Members of this section have access to a wide variety of helpful reports and tools, written in straight-forward and clear style. Consider joining today!
- Episode 3 and episode 4 have more great information on hosting services.
If you have questions about the substantive content of this episode, please call the ethics hotline at 888.777.7077 (option 2, then option 3) or email email@example.com.
If you’d like to suggest topics for future episodes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.