Tune in to this episode of Ethically Speaking to hear the latest about projects the AICPA Professional Ethics Executive Committee is working on.
PEEC meetings are open to the public and we always welcome feedback and input about projects and plans.
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- (00:36) Noncompliance with laws and regulations (NoCLAR)
- SEC’s proposed independence amendments to SEC Rule 2-01, Qualifications of Accountants
- (5:02) Staff augmentation
- (10:55) Statements on Standards for Tax Services
- (13:31) IESBA (International Ethics Standards Board for Accountants) ‒ Current and upcoming projects
- (21:25) Records request
- (23:25) Aligning AICPA guidance with IESBA’s inducement standard
- (26:15) State and local government client affiliates and single audits
- (28:35) PEEC’s three-year strategy and work plan
Listen to this episode:
Interested in helping define PEEC’s direction for the next three years?
Take a look at the strategy and work plan consultation paper and send us your comments by February 28.
Curious about meetings? Join us for one!
Here’s our 2020 meeting schedule:
- May 5
- August 11
- November 17
We welcome observers and we’d love you to join us. Please email PEECCoordinator@aicpa.org and we’ll get you detailed information.
If you have questions about the substantive content of this episode, please call the ethics hotline at 888.777.7077 (option 2, then option 3) or email email@example.com.
If you’d like to suggest topics for future episodes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.