Professional Ethics Executive Committee (PEEC)
The Professional Ethics Executive Committee is a senior committee of the AICPA charged with interpreting and enforcing the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct and for promulgating new interpretations and rulings, and for monitoring those rules and making revisions as needed.
The Professional Ethics Executive Committee generally meets quarterly for two days. A portion of each meeting is devoted to standard-setting activities, which are open to the public, and to case investigation and other enforcement matters, which are closed to the public due to confidentiality requirements.
Learn more in the PEEC fact sheet.
- PEEC meeting information including agendas and minutes from 2011 onward.
- Professional Ethics Executive Committee Fact Sheet
- Current Roster
- Comment Letters Issued by the Professional Ethics Executive Committee (PEEC)
- Transition Provisions - AICPA Code of Professional Conduct
Standard Setting Activities
- The Ethics Division's Exposure Drafts, comment letters and related documents.
- The Nonattest Services Video will provide you with an understanding of the most recent revisions to Interpretation 101-3.
- The current and proposed standard setting activities are summarized in the Professional Ethics Division's Project Agenda.
- Deleted Content as of May 31, 2013.