Strategy and Planning
- Firm inMotion Toolkit
PCPS Firm inMotion e-Toolkit
The world and the profession are evolving at a staggering pace. But who has time to keep up with what’s new, much less figure out how to integrate it into your own practice? Use this toolkit to find your way through the latest trends, fully embrace generational differences and continue to meet (and surpass) client needs and expectations.
Start here: Transition and Continuum Checklist
Use this checklist to assess your firm’s current culture, talent and clients and determine steps and tools needed for transition.
Does your firm need to reframe and modernize its structure and strategy? Use these tools to:
- Move toward greater transparency for effective succession and more engaged staff.
- Understand the benefits of virtual work arrangements and alternative pricing structures.
- Capitalize on the strengths of each generation in your firm.
Strategy Refinement Tools
Transition and Continuum Checklist
Assess your firm's current culture, talent and clients and determine steps and tools needed for transition
Virtual Work Arrangements PowerPoint
Better understand and assess new and different work arrangements
Culture Based Interview Questions
Ensure that these culture questions, by Tracy Crevar Warren, are incorporated in your interview process
Transparency for Effective Succession Tools
Moving Toward Greater Transparency PowerPoint
Teach the basics of firm economics
Generational Competence Tools
Generational Assessment & Approach Tool
Understanding the generational breakdown of your firm will help you determine where to focus your efforts.
Employee Engagement Survey
Gauge your employees’ responses in six dimensions of employee engagement.
Multi-Generational Workforce PowerPoint
Tailor this presentation to staff or leadership and educate on different preferences for each generation.
What’s new in creating career development plans and coaching and mentoring programs for a changing workforce? Use these tools to:
- Discover non-traditional careers paths and newer roles in today’s firms
- Retain staff by recognizing unique talents and interests when crafting career development plans
- Identify better ways to engage and groom future leaders, resulting in stronger successor candidates
Mentoring and Coaching Tools
Career Development Tools
Next Generation Firm Leader Self-Assessment
Assess your firm’s leaders in several dimensions of engagement
Train the Trainer PowerPoint
Train management on how to be an effective leader while considering generational differences
Staff Assessment and Career Development Plan
Use these tools and templates to illustrate traditional and non-traditional career paths and assist staff with self-assessments, goal setting and career development
Learn why relationships continue to be important when working with your peers, mentors, clients and prospects. Use these tools to:
- Manage client expectations by mastering effective ways to communicate
- Implement more formal networking processes to help staff grow professionally
- Build stronger relationships so clients stay instead of leave
Networking Policy and Procedures Template
Develop or modify and improve a unified firm-wide networking program
Networking Preparation and Tips
Complete an exercise and review tips on articulating value and having successful "small talk"
Relationship-Building Tracker and Report Out
Use the firm-wide tracker and individual report-out form used to define networking goals and expectations, track connections and progress, and report back
Value of Networking PowerPoint
Introduce a new or improved networking program to your firm
Managing Client Expectations and Relationships Tools
How can technology can be a strategic enabler and a competitive advantage? Use these tools to:
- Learn what technology is on the horizon and how it can impact your people and your clients
- Develop strategies to update your technology and put new solutions to work
- Effectively deploy technology and maximize ROI
IT Strategy Tools
IT Strategy Template
Document your firm’s IT objectives, strategy and measurements
IT Governance Checklist
Ensure your firm implements technology that aligns with the overall firm strategy
IT Budget Calculator
Determine a quick budget when setting your firm IT cost expectations
Technology Selection Analysis Questionnaire
Ensure that your firm analyzes each new technology solution
Sample Implementation Roadmap
Guide your firm through evaluation, implementation and execution after an IT solution has been determined