Newest and Most Popular PCPS Resources
At PCPS, we regularly add tools and resources to keep your firm running smoothly. Check this page often to see what’s new and what tools other PCPS member firms are using most.
Target opportunities to improve your firm's performance by participating in the redesigned and streamlined 2018 PCPS/CPA.com Management of an Accounting Practice (MAP) survey. Open now through July 16th!
Your firm has the power to inspire Uniform CPA Examination success! We’ve got the tools you need to build a supportive culture as your employees tackle all four sections of the Exam.
These are some of the Top Resources as chosen by your PCPS peers. Have you used the hottest tools yet?
- Updated FRF for SMEs Toolkit
The Financial Reporting Framework for Small- and Medium-Sized Entities provides a great opportunity for you to offer a financial reporting option designed specifically for your small business clients or potential clients looking for comprehensive non-GAAP financial statements. Take a look at the newly revamped FRF for SMEs Toolkit to educate yourself, your staff and your clients.
- Exploring FASB’s Not-for-Profit Financial Reporting Standard: ASU 2016-14
Explore the changes to NFP financial statements as a result of recent FASB ASU 2016-14, created by combining expertise from PCPS, CPEA, and Not-For-Profit Section.
- Tips to Boost Year-Round Morale:
- Looking for ideas to keep your firm culture fun and office morale high? Check out these tips implemented at other firms!
- Working Paper Templates - This practice aid is intended to help auditors document the results of testing while meeting the requirements of AU-C section 230, Audit Documentation. In addition to a template that can be used in your audits, the aid includes examples of well-documented analytical procedures and detail testing.
- Comparative Overview: What is the Difference Between a Financial Statement Preparation, Compilation, Review and an Audit? - Use this brochure to help communicate with your clients about the services you provide.
- Overcoming Pricing Objections Tool - CPAs tend to view client objections and overcoming them as a negative aspect of pricing. But any time a client responds to your services, they are expressing interest in what you have to offer. Review these common client objections and example talking points to help craft your perfect response.
- Client Evaluation Tool and Client Disengagement Letter - A key component in managing your firm is evaluating your clients. Use the resources PCPS provides to help you determine if you’ve got the right mix of clients and to properly manage the termination of a client when needed.
PCPS Practice Management Resource Directory
Looking for an simple way to find a PCPS resource? This excel file is easy to search and includes links so you can navigate quickly to the tool or topic you’re interested in. You can also see all the resources for a topic in one spot.
PCPS Networking Groups
These national groups, segmented by firm size, meet twice a year for in-depth practice management discussions and an exchange of information on firm operations and professional issues. Consider attending an upcoming meeting!
10 Initiatives for Employee Engagement
Tools and resources that support the concepts outlined in Sandra Wiley’s publication “The Engaged Employee: 10 Initiatives for Successful Firms”, including a podcast series featuring Sandra discussing each initiative.
Trusted Client Adviser Toolbox
No matter your level in the firm, you can become a strategic partner to your clients by translating day-to-day client challenges into consulting opportunities. The Trusted Client Adviser Toolbox provides a process and tools to assist you in transforming client service and growing your practice.
Join the CPEA and utilize the straight-forward A&A resources and written responses to technical inquiries as a support center for your firm.