Consider these proven strategies and action steps:
1. Revisit your 2016 goals
- What goals have you achieved?
- What accomplishments are you most proud?
- What have been your keys to success?
2. Identify unfinished goals
- Decide which goals are still priorities for the coming weeks.
- Keep in mind that priorities change. That’s only normal.
- Goal oriented people often fret about not achieving all of their goals, even those that are no longer priorities.
- Unfinished goals can drain your energy without you realizing it, so it’s important to move those goals aside.
- Go a step further by crossing them off of your list altogether.
3. Break targeted goals into three categories:
- What do you still want to accomplish for yourself?
- What do you still want to accomplish for your practice?
- What do you still want to accomplish for and with your clients?
4. Review necessary actions
- What work is left to be done?
- What actions are needed to achieve your remaining goals?
- Who do you need to meet with?
- Do you need the assistance of others to enable you to achieve these goals?
- If so, are they available to provide the assistance that is needed?
5. Schedule it
- Now that you know what must be done, get it on the calendar.
- Are there other activities and meetings you currently have scheduled that should be moved to 2017?
- Are there other appointments on your calendar that should be removed altogether due to shifting priorities?
Finish strong practitioners, finish strong!