PCPS Section Members
The Private Companies Practice Section (PCPS) is a firm membership section of the AICPA. All firm personnel, regardless of whether they’re a member of AICPA, are eligible for the benefits and discounts of PCPS membership!
Register for an interactive virtual tour and learn how to get the most out of membership. We’ll explore PCPS member-only benefits and discounts, highlight and demonstrate turnkey tools, and provide tips on how to access tools and information easily.
And use the PCPS member logos to demonstrate your firm’s commitment to excellence in serving your clients, developing your staff and growing your practice.
Utilize the guidance and customizable tools found in each PCPS resource center.
- Human Capital Center – Attract and retain top-quality talent, boost morale and find solutions to your top HR issues. This center includes turnkey resources such as sample job descriptions, an example firm competency model, and a quick start internship guide.
- Strategy & Planning – Strategically plan for your firm’s future by using the popular Succession Planning Resource Center. This center also includes the Firm inMotion Toolkit designed to help you find your way through the latest trends on the horizon while continuing to meet client needs and expectations.
- Practice Growth & Client Service Center – Maintain a thriving practice by using this guidance on business development. This center also includes a workshop to help you differentiate your firm and confidently present yourself to clients in a unique way.
- Technical: Quality and Services Delivery – Keep up with the changing tax laws and accounting standards in this rapidly evolving technology environment. This center will help you maintain the high-quality services that are a benchmark of the profession. You’ll also find guidance on CPA comfort letters, resources to help drive quality while maintaining profitability and several technical toolkits, including cybersecurity, that can be used to both train your staff and inform your clients.
- Financial and Admin Operations - Determine sound management policies and analyze your financial results while benchmarking with your peers. This center provides details and reports from the National MAP Survey, the largest firm practice management benchmarking survey in the profession.
As a PCPS member, you get access to exclusive discounts such as:
- $100-$150 savings on firm management related conferences such as AICPA ENGAGE, AICPA Emerging Partner Training Forum, AICPA Women’s Global Leadership Summit, and CPA.com Digital CPA Conference
- Free National MAP Survey results including personalized reports, a national summary, and reports by firm size and region
- 5% premium credit, of up to $200, for the AICPA Professional Liability Insurance Program
Since PCPS membership is only $35 per CPA (up to a max of $700 per firm), these discounts can pay for your membership! Find all discounts and related codes here.
Participate in networking opportunities, committees, and more!
- Segmented by firm size, networking groups provide a forum for in-depth practice management discussions and an exchange of best practices with firms throughout the country.
- Get involved in the PCPS community by volunteering to serve on the PCPS Executive Committee or the Technical Issues Committee (TIC). Register for either committee in Volunteer Central.
- Spread the news about PCPS and how your firm has utilized your membership or put a specific resource to work in your practice by participating in the PCPS Forum. Contact Shelly Guzzetta for more information.
- Join the conversation in our PCPS LinkedIn Group.
The PCPS Technical Issues Committee (TIC) protects the interests of small- and mid-sized firms and the clients they serve by providing input to standard-setting bodies, such as FASB, GASB and the AICPA’s senior committees and boards.
Additionally, TIC provides standard setters with practical assistance. These efforts include ‘field testing’ portions of proposed guidance, providing practical examples of potential implementation difficulties and serving on task forces. TIC Alerts help practitioners stay ahead of the curve in the A&A landscape.
Invest in the Center for Plain English Accounting (CPEA), an A&A resource center and add-on membership which provides written answers to written technical inquiries, monthly reports, special alerts and CPE on trending topics.
The CPEA’s team of experts assist members with accounting, auditing, attest, review, and compilation needs by sharing technical advice and guidance. The CPEA’s straight-forward and clear style of writing and speaking gives practitioners the opportunity to understand the applicability of the professional literature when preparing financial statements and when auditing, reviewing, and compiling those financial statements.