PCPS resources help your firm stay ahead of the curve on both day-to-day and big-picture challenges, so you can better focus on practice growth and clients.
Strategy and Planning
Strategic planning is the foundation for growth and sustainability. These resources will supercharge your firm’s short-term and long-term goals.
- Succession Planning Resource Center - Work through various succession scenarios including selling, merging or developing & transitioning new leadership.
- PCPS CPA Horizons 2025 Toolkit - Conduct a ‘future forum’ strategic planning session for a renewed vision at your firm.
- Medium Firm Networking Group - Build relationships and exchange best practices with your medium firm-sized peers.
- Creating a One Page Strategic Plan - Develop a one-page strategic plan.
For a full view of tools and resources, visit the Strategy & Planning page.
Practice Growth & Client Services
Explore new service opportunities, strengthen client relationships, communicate your value and show how your practice is unique with these turn-key solutions.
- YOU are the Value Workshop - Walk through this exercise to identify what makes your firm stand out in the crowd firms and draft a consistent firm-wide message to articulate to clients.
- Trusted Client Adviser Toolbox - Utilize these tools to ask the right questions and identify additional consulting type engagements that extend beyond core accounting services.
- Social Media Toolkit - Stay in front of your clients with these tools. Manage staff with these sample policy guidelines.
- Client Advisory Board Toolkit - Invite selected clients to participate in a board to hear about how you are fulfilling client expectations and about how the firm can improve, cross sell and add to service offerings.
- Roadmap to Developing and Managing a CPA Personal Financial Planning Practice - Plot a route to successfully add PFP as another value-added service to your established practice.
For a full view of tools and resources, visit the Practice Growth & Client Services page.
Human Capital Center (HR Resources)
Accelerate your staff growth with these customizable templates, staffing ideas and guidance.
- Top Talent Survey - Turn these results into insights to attract and retain high-quality staff.
- Team Recruitment Strategies/Tools - Evaluate various recruiting methods to find the best staff for your firm.
- Performance Management Forms - No need to re-create the wheel. We’ve got what you need to measure and enhance staff performance.
- Partner Accountability & Unity Guide/Tools - Integrate these insights and tools into your firm’s overall plan for enhancing partner performance and accountability.
- Firm Competency Model (Career Ladder) - Custom-fit this template for the key roles of your practice, including the five core competencies required in each role from staff to partner
For a full view of tools and resources, visit the Human Capital Center page.
Technical: Quality & Services Delivery
Keep up with tax changes, accounting & auditing standards and deliver these services to your clients at the highest quality with resources that can be easily integrated into your practice and complement your research software.
- Technical Issues Committee Advocacy and newsletter Alert - Monitor technical developments that significantly affect private companies and your firm and follow the TIC advocacy efforts.
- Health Care Reform Toolkit - Increase your staff’s knowledge of the law, identify additional service opportunities and position your practice as your clients’ strategic partner.
- Peer Review & Quality Control Document Guidance - Review the checklists and guidance to gain a deeper understanding of the process and firm requirements
- Clarified Auditing Standards Toolkit - Assess the impact of the new standards on a client-by-client basis.
- Client Brochure – Comparative Overview of Compilation, Review and Audit - Educate your clients simply and efficiently on the critical differences among these engagements.
For a full view of tools and resources, visit the Technical: Quality & Services Delivery page.
Financial and Administrative Services
Benchmark your own financial results and situation against other firms in your region and of similar size and decide if changes are needed in your own practice.
- National MAP Survey results - Benchmark using reports found for two medium firm sizes.
- Reward & Compensation & Incentives - Integrate relevant advice, structure and tools to build your firm’s compensation and reward program.
- Guide: Role of a CPA Firm Administrator - Shift the firm administrator role into high gear!
For a full view of tools and resources, visit the Financial and Administrative Services page.