PCPS understands that large firms are focused on identifying new opportunities that can come from the ever-changing business landscape. According to the latest PCPS CPA Top issues survey, the top issues for large firms include finding and retaining qualified staff (at all levels), owner/partner accountability and unity, seasonality/workload compression, succession planning and bringing in new clients.
Strategy and Planning
Strategic planning is the foundation for growth and sustainability. Use these tools to complement your existing efforts in plotting your firm’s direction.
- Firm inMotion toolkit - Use these customizable tools to navigate trends and prepare for continued firm success. Embrace generational differences and evolve your firm with insights from successful innovative firms.
- Succession Planning Resource Center - Work through various succession scenarios including selling, merging or developing & transitioning new leadership
- Large Firm Networking Group - Build relationships and exchange ideas and best practices with your peer CPAs managing large firms
Practice Growth & Client Services
Supplement your existing marketing efforts and strategies with these resources.
Note that the links in the upper left corner provide all resources included in the Practice Growth & Client Services section.
- Explore the Practice Growth & Client Service Resource Center - Use this roadmap to guide you through the resources you can put to work in your firm to accelerate growth
- Client Advisory Board Toolkit - Invite select clients to participate in a board to hear about how you are fulfilling client expectations and about how the firm can improve, cross sell and add to service offerings
- Clients and Relationship Building - Learn why relationship building will continue to be important as you groom future leaders and manage client expectation
Human Capital Center (HR Resources)
These human resource customizable templates, staffing ideas and guidance will assist in your firm’s overall process of managing people.
Note that the links in the upper left corner provide all resources included in the Human Capital Center section.
- Partner Accountability & Unity Guide/Tools - Integrate these insights and tools into your firm’s overall plan for enhancing partner performance and accountability
- Firm Competency Model (Career Ladder) - Customize this career ladder template that defines the key roles of a firm, structured around five core competencies required in each role to advance thorough the career progression path
- Flexibility Toolkit - Learn more about flexibility arrangements and how to develop a successful program
Technical: Quality & Services Delivery
Integrate these tools into your firm materials for training staff and communicating to clients.
Note that the links in the upper left corner provide all resources included in the Technical: Quality & Services Delivery section.
- Center for Plain English Accounting - CPEA provides access to a team of experts providing A&A support including written answers to written technical questions, monthly reports, special updates, CPE and more
- Cybersecurity Toolkit - Use this toolkit to learn about cybersecurity and how it relates to your firm. The resources can also be used to educate your firm’s staff.
- Technical Issues Committee Advocacy and newsletter Alert - Monitor technical developments that could significantly affect private companies and your firm and follow TIC advocacy efforts
- Invigorate the Focus on Quality Toolkit - Use these resources to challenge your firm's tone at the top and other key factors of quality control
Financial and Administrative Services
Benchmark your firm’s financial results and situation against other firms in your region and of similar size and decide if changes are needed in order to perform beyond the averages.
Note that the links in the upper left corner provide all resources included in the Financial and Administrative Services section.