PCPS Events & Webcasts
Each year, PCPS is involved with the planning and support of several AICPA events. These events provide opportunities for earning technical, personal development and firm management CPE hours while attending presentations from the profession's top speakers. The learning extends to countless networking and best practice sharing occasions among practitioners.
PCPS members generally receive discounts on registration for events relevant to the PCPS member community. A list of discounts and discount codes is available.
Below are some upcoming conferences and events relevant to PCPS. Be sure to check back with us regularly for new event postings. Also explore the many learning opportunities available through the AICPA.
Featured PCPS Conferences and Events
AICPA Engage: June 9-14, 2018 – Las Vegas, NV, or Online
7 curriculums. 250+ sessions. Up to 35 CPE credits.
Every minute has been designed by the profession’s thought leaders for your benefit. Engage your technical knowledge. Enhance your business strategies. And bring the greatest value to your clients.
What you’ll gain:
- A community of your peers and a broader network for referrals
- It takes a peer to truly understand your challenges. We make it easy to find and identify professionals in your specialization, especially within the buzz of the event hall. The 2018 agenda allows more time between sessions for chance encounters, color-coded topic areas during receptions and related vendors in the exhibit hall.
- Content with direct application in your work.
- Pick and choose your agenda for endless combinations during the dates of your registration pass. Workshops are included for All-Access passholders. Additionally, explore the exhibit hall of 150+ exhibitors with the latest technology platforms for the profession.
Register Here! PCPS members receive a $100 discount.
Small Firm Updates
Carl Peterson, CPA, CGMA, Association of International Certified Professional Accountants Vice President of Small Firm Interests, discusses the trends affecting CPAs, the challenges and opportunities practitioners face, as well as best practices being used at successful firms across the country.
Carl spends much of his time on the road speaking to practitioners and getting feedback about the issues that most concern them. These informative, interactive audio webcasts include an environmental scan of the challenges and opportunities practitioners face today as well as best practices for common practice problems. Participants are also able to submit questions about the issues facing their own firms.
If you have topics or concerns of interest that you would like to hear discussed in the next small firm update webcasts series, please email PCPS.
These webcasts are free.
Upcoming PCPS Webcasts
Registration Links Coming Soon
PCPS Webcast Archives
Networking group meetings provide a forum for in-depth practice management discussions and an exchange of best practices with firms throughout the country. Group members can be connected with PCPS tools and resources to tackle practice management issues and can be updated on trends in the profession through nationally recognized speakers and roundtable discussions. Through each group's informal system, networking group members may take advantage of the valuable knowledge of their colleagues and share their own knowledge with their peers. While many group members are firm owners/partners, any member of a PCPS firm is welcome to attend networking group meetings.
- Meetings are typically one-and-a-half days long and are held twice a year (spring and fall) at locations determined by each group
- Agenda topics for individual meetings are developed by the groups themselves
- Groups have approximately 20-25 members and each group has a chair who helps to arrange meeting logistics and facilitates conversations
- All participants are responsible for their own travel and lodging expenses, along with the meeting registration fee, which is based on cost-sharing
- Meetings account for continuing professional education
If you have questions regarding networking groups, please call us at 1-800-CPA-FIRM or email us at email@example.com. We would love to hear from you!
Small Firm Networking Groups (sole practitioners and firms with up to 10 CPAs)
There are currently five Small Firm Networking Groups, and they are all accepting new members! If you are interested in joining one of these groups, email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Group I: May 2-4, 2018 | Baltimore, MD | Fall 2017 Agenda
Group II: May 20-22, 2018 | Austin, TX | Fall 2017 Agenda
Group III: May 30-June 1, 2018 | Portland, ME | Fall 2017 Agenda
Group IV: May 3-4, 2018 | Denver, CO | 2017 Fall Agenda
AWSCPA Group I: May 16-17, 2018 | 2017 Fall Agenda
Medium Firm Networking Groups (11-20 CPAs)
There are currently two Medium Firm Networking Groups and Group II is still accepting new members! If you are interested in joining this group, email email@example.com for more information.
Group I: May 9-11 | Destin, FL | Fall 2017 Agenda
Group II: April 25-27 | Philadelphia, PA | Fall 2017 Agenda
Large Firm Networking Group (more than 20 CPAs)
There is currently one Large Firm Networking Group and it’s accepting new members! If you are interested in joining this group, email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
May 8-9 | Chicago, IL (prior to G400 meeting) | Fall 2017 Agenda
*Click graphic above for PDF of the brochure
Join the PCPS Executive Committee and PCPS staff for a meet and greet event in your area! Meet and greet events happen three times a year in various locations around the country, and are exclusively for PCPS member firms. All employees of your firm are invited to mix and mingle with the members of the volunteer committee that sets the direction for PCPS and staff members you can turn to for information about the latest PCPS tools and resources.
If you're in the Durham, NC area, be sure to attend the next event on May 16, 2018, from 5:30 - 7:30PM. Additional details will be coming soon. See you there!