In The Adviser's Guide to Retirement and Elder Planning: Practical Retirement Planning, author Jim Shambo recognizes that retirement planning is both a science and an art. The author shows that you need to know both what you are talking about and also how to communicate it to your clients and prospects.
NEW! The 4th edition adds more planning ideas relating to TCJA opportunities and changes with some programs. Also included are the authors now post-retirement perspectives on the subject as well.
PFP/PFS members: Click to view and download the full guide as a member benefit.
Not a PFP/PFS member yet? Click to view and download a complimentary excerpt.
- How to Create Retirement Cash-Flow Projections for Clients
- Longer Lifespans Strengthen Case for Roth Conversions
- Advising Clients in Later-Life Divorce
- Blog: Helping Your Clients in a Difficult Time: The Tax Treatment for Alzheimer’s
- Blog: How to Help Clients Understand Retirement Housing Options
- Blog: 3 Factors to Evaluate the True Cost of Retirement
- Blog: Does More Money Make You Happier When You Retire? Not Always
- Blog: 4 Ways to Help Clients Plan for Unexpected Medical Expenses
We give special thanks to our Thought Leadership Panel for providing valuable insights and creating resulting deliverables throughout the year: Lyle Benson, CPA/PFS, Jean-Luc Bourdon, CPA/PFS, Gina Chironis, CPA/PFS, Dirk Edwards, CPA/PFS, Michael Goodman, CPA/PFS, Charlie Kowal, CPA/PFS, Lori Luck, CPA/PFS, David Oransky, CPA/PFS, Ted Sarenski, CPA/PFS, Jim Shambo, CPA/PFS, Scott Sprinkle, CPA/PFS, Tracy Stewart, CPA/PFS, David Stolz, CPA/PFS, and Tom Trainor, CPA.