Proactive Financial and Tax Planning Toolkit
Impact of Tax Reform on Planning Toolkit
The American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012 (ATRA) and Net Investment Income Tax (NIIT) have added more complexity to planning given that you now have to navigate through a multi-layer tax system in conjunction with running multi-year scenarios to gain a clear picture of the tax landscape in order to advise your clients on virtually all of their personal financial planning decisions. CPA financial planners now have an unprecedented opportunity to demonstrate their value to clients by providing guidance, planning, and tax expertise. This toolkit includes education and resources to plan post-ATRA and for the new Net Investment Income Tax.
Tools and Resources
- Podcast Series: Retirement DrawDown Strategies
- Podcast Series: Estate Planning for IRAs
- 2018 Year-end client planning letter – send this letter to your clients to help spark a conversation about year-end planning opportunities.
- Tax Planning Calculator
- Hurricane Information – understand tax and retirement plan relief options on our Leg/Reg news site and how to help clients in the aftermath in this podcast
- Crowdsource Funding: The modern type of crowd funding and “charitable-like” giving is explained in this article including the issues, opportunities and tax considerations.
- Tax Reform Resource Center - will help you make sense of new and proposed legislation as it becomes available.
- Tax Practitioner’s Toolkit, including prevention tips and a checklist of follow-up steps.
- Estate Basis Consistency Reporting Resource Center - use the information and resources to learn about the regulations, requirements for filing the forms, and other accounting and legal issues you need to know to comply with the Code.
- Section 7216 - guidance and sample consent forms to comply with regulations involving disclosure and use of tax return information by tax return preparers.
- The Adviser’s Guide to Financial & Estate Planning - provides guidance to CPAs advising clients in estate, tax, retirement, investment and risk management matters.
- Analysis of a Tax Return - tool developed by CPA financial planners to help discover planning opportunities in your tax practice.
- AICPA Tangible Property Resources - overview of the tangible property regulations, links to current and previous regulations, sample IRC 3115 resources (for applicable businesses), repair regs flowchart, sample client letter, and more.
- Broadridge Advisor Tax Resource Center
- Tax Season Resources - one-stop shop for the resources, updates, and news you need as practitioners during filing season.
- Roth Conversion Resources
- Resources to Integrate Planning Into Your Tax Practice
- News: including the latest PFP News, weekly Financial Planning Digest and up-to-date legislative/regulatory news.
- Upcoming Webcasts (PFP/PFS members receive 4 complimentary CPE accredited PFP Section-sponsored webcasts on an annual basis and discounts on all other CPE-accredited PFP Section-sponsored webcasts available for purchase)
- Tax Planning Events Library (all free to PFP/PFS members without optional CPE)
- PFP Boot Camp: Review the entire PFP Body of Knowledge in one course that is offered as an online class at least twice a year.
- Advanced Personal Financial Planning Conference: our top rated annual conference discounted for PFP/PFS members
- Advanced Estate Planning Conference: discounted for PFP/PFS members
- Sophisticated Tax Planning for Your Wealthy Clients Conference: discounted for PFP/PFS members
- PFP Boot Camp: Review the entire PFP Body of Knowledge in one course that is offered in person twice a year