The Retiree’s Cost of Care Barometer (version 3.0) is a comprehensive planning tool designed to help you measure retiree health care costs and help deliver funding solutions and planning advice tailored to your clients’ unique needs. Designed by James A. Shambo, CPA (Retired), this software will help you unveil the mystery of health care costs. Key features of the software include:
- Sample out of pocket cost estimates
- Part B, Part D and Medigap Calculators
- Quicktake pressure gauges to see immediate impact of changes
- Includes changes made to Medicare by the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2018
- And much more!
Check out the User’s Guide designed to help you understand
- how to use the software standalone calculators or use the full plan with Posting Macros
- resources for estimating longevity and other key assumptions
- how to start the conversation about health care with your clients
View a recording of the interactive demonstration that will walk you through the software in a virtual setting including a question and answer period. Please note this demonstration covers version 2.2.
Updated in Version 3.0:
Benefits from the 2019 update (version 3.0) include:
- updated User’s Guide
- enhanced Medicare Part D Calculator
- new Longevity tab
- updated means testing tables
People often find that talking about money is difficult. Likewise, discussing health is not easy, especially when it leads into conversations about death. Put these three topics together and it’s hard to know where to start. Check out page 4 of the User’s Guide, which pairs the Retiree’s Cost of Care Barometer with the CPA’s Guide to Practical Retirement Planning to help you get this important conversation started with your clients.