The Adviser's Guide to Retirement and Elder Planning
The Adviser's Guide to Retirement and Elder Planning is a comprehensive 4-part series of publications covering client planning and decisions as they both save and plan for future retirement income needs and later on make retirement income, spending and healthcare decisions during retirement. Each individual guide is written by a CPA/PFS financial planner experienced in these areas.
Click on the link below the covers for more information on each.
Tools & Resources
- The Retiree’s Cost of Care Barometer
- Practical Retirement Resources
- Social Security Resources
- Medicare & Long-Term Care Resources
- Elder Planning and Life Transitions after Retirement
- The Adviser's Guide to Financial & Estate Planning: provides guidance to CPAs advising clients in estate, tax, retirement, investment and risk management matters
- Sample forms from the Guide: Data Gathering Form Word doc
- Guidance on Roth Conversions
- The Kitces Report: 20 Years of Safe Withdrawal Rate Research (Non-Members can read this article for free.)
- The Kitces Report: Resolving the Paradox: Is the Safe Withdrawal Rate Sometimes Too Safe?
- Safe Withdrawal Rates (Non-members: Access this sample of customizable Broadridge content.)
- Special Report: Non-Compliant IRA Trusts and Circular 230 Issues
- Chart: State Creditor Protection Statutes for IRAs, Non-ERISA 403(b) and Roth Variants
- Planning in Retirement – in this article, Lyle Benson, CPA/PFS, brings to light important areas of retirement planning including safe withdrawal rates, asset allocation, cash flow challenges and longevity assumptions.
- The Kitces Report: Evaluating Reverse Mortgage Strategies
- The Kitces Report: A Fresh Look at the Reverse Mortgage
- PFP Boot Camp: Review the entire PFP Body of Knowledge in one course that is offered as a self-study on-demand course. Discounted for PFP members!