PFP Technical & Practice Guides
PFP Section members and CPA/PFS credential holders receive free online access to AICPA personal financial planning guides to assist you in your practice. These useful guides present non-authoritative guidance on various PFP technical and practice management topics.
The technical guides summarize applicable best practices and deliver “how-to” advice for handling both common and unusual PFP technical issues and assessing associated business risks. Practice management titles discuss relevant and timely matters associated with the conditions and procedures unique to the delivery of PFP services.
Alternatively, members of the PFP Section, inclusive of CPA/PFS credential holders, may download PDFs of the guides here. Free excerpts and chapters of various guides are available for download here by non-members.
- Volume 1, 10th edition (Open to all)
- Volume 2, 10th edition (Free chapter)
- Volume 3, 10th Edition (Free chapter)
- Volume 4, 10th edition (Free chapter)
- Practical Retirement Planning, 4th edition (Free chapter)
- Social Security Planning, 6th edition (Free chapter)
- Healthcare Coverage Planning, 5th edition (Free chapter)
- Coming soon! Life Transitions (elder and chronic illness planning), 1st edition (free chapter)
A Guide to Financial Decisions: Implementing an End-of-Life Guide (Consumer guide available to the public)
Practice Management Topics
Roadmap to developing a tax & financial planning business (Available to all)
The CPA's Guide to Investment Advisory Business Models (Available to all)