PFP Practice Center
The AICPA’s PFP membership section brings you resources to start or grow your business to cover your clients' personal financial planning needs that are greater than ever before.
Has your firm struggled with how to efficiently add or expand into personal financial planning or wealth management services?
Are you concerned that you will lose some of your clients to a firm who is offering traditional CPA services and personal financial planning?
Is it difficult to answer your clients’ questions efficiently in this area?
Do your partners not understand the value that adding these services can bring to your business?
If any of the above questions resonate with you, the PFP Practice Center can help.
Tools & Resources
- Bob Veres 2018 Software Survey
- Quarterly PFP Trends Survey: Statistical data and insight from your peers on significant PFP trends to use for building and reinforcing your client and local media relationships.
- Moving from Tax Preparer to Financial Planner including checklist to identify planning opportunities from the tax return.
- Section 7216: Guidance and sample consent forms to comply with regulations involving disclosure and use of tax return information by tax return preparers are available in the appendices of The CPA’s Guide to Developing and Managing a PFP Practice.
- Extensive suite of Personal Financial Planning Guides: guides cover technology in a CPA PFP practice, investment advisory business models, developing & managing a CPA PFP practice and much more.
- Broadridge Advisor: content in client terms from this popular premier client communication and education tool to retain current clients and attract prospects.
- Professional Responsibilities as a CPA Financial Planner
- Bob Veres Inside Information Newsletter Service (including Media Reviews and E-Columns)
- Roadmap to Developing and Managing a CPA PFP Practice: If you are considering expanding or formalizing planning & tax advisory services, let the Roadmap guide you on your journey. For an overview, please see the executive summary.
- CPA Financial Planner and CPA/PFS Business Development Toolkits
- 2018 Summit Reflections: Article by Lyle K. Benson, CPA/PFS, about takeaways from the 2018 PFP Summit, including developing the next generation of leaders.
- Taking Your Practice to the Next Level: Article by Lyle K. Benson, CPA/PFS about setting your practice up for success.
- Financial Planning Digest: weekly e-newsletter containing updates on trends, news, legislation and events of interest to CPAs.
- Fox Financial Planning Network: a deeply discounted CPA customized financial planning training and workflow system designed to systematize your practice.
- Upcoming Webcasts (PFP/PFS members receive 4 complimentary CPE accredited PFP Section-sponsored webcasts on an annual basis and discounts on all other CPE-accredited PFP Section-sponsored webcasts available for purchase)
- Practice Management Events Library (free to PFP/PFS members without CPE)
- From Tax Preparer to Financial Planner Webcast Series (all free to PFP/PFS members without CPE in learning library)
- CPA/PFS Program: Financial Planning: Process and Environment
- Advanced Personal Financial Planning Conference: our top rated annual conference discounted for PFP/PFS members