The Adviser's Guide to Financial and Estate Planning
The Adviser's Guide to Financial and Estate Planning is a comprehensive, 1000-page, 4-volume, downloadable publication, which provides guidance to CPAs advising clients in estate, tax, retirement, investment and risk management matters, as well as reflects the new law and planning implications. A webcast series with one of the authors, Steve Siegel, accompanies the guide.
Tools & Resources
- Whitepaper: The Income Tax is the New Estate Tax - In this whitepaper, Robert Keebler, CPA/PFS explores situations when basis-building is more favorable than lifetime gifting for clients with taxable estates, outlines some effective strategies for basis-building and identifies assets that are particularly favorable or unfavorable to hold until death.
- Steve Leimberg's Asset Protection Planning Newsletter: 20th Anniversary of Domestic Asset Protection Trusts
- Steve Leimberg's Estate Planning Newsletter: Attempted Reformation Shot Down
- Steve Leimberg's Estate Planning Newsletter: Estate Planning at the Movies
- Steve Leimberg's Estate Planning Newsletter: Even Without Estate Tax the Right Answer is Still the Same, Put It All in Trust
- Steve Leimberg's Asset Protection Planning Newsletter: Delaware Dynasty Trust Broken into Pieces by Beneficiary's Divorcing Spouse
- Estate Basis Consistency Reporting Resource Center - Use the information and resources to learn about the regulations, requirements for filing the forms, and other accounting and legal issues you need to know to comply with the Code.
- Proactive Financial and Tax Planning Strategies: compilation of articles, resources, webcasts, podcasts and more to help you educate your clients and proactively plan for the changes enacted under the American Taxpayer Relief Act and the Medicare surtax, which became effective in 2013
- Broadridge Advisor: estate planning content from this popular, premier client communication and education tool
- News: including the latest PFP News, weekly Financial Planning Digest and up-to-date legislative/regulatory news
- Useful Estate & Decision Charts: Use these charts from Steve Oshins to help your clients plan where to set up dynasty and/or asset protection trusts
- Resources from Martin Shenkman on New Tax and Estate Planning Opportunities: Recordings, presentation materials and articles on planning after ATRA
- Upcoming Webcasts (PFP/PFS members receive 4 complimentary CPE accredited PFP Section-sponsored webcasts on an annual basis and discounts on all other CPE-accredited PFP Section-sponsored webcasts available for purchase)
- Estate Planning Events Library (free to PFP/PFS members without CPE)
- PFP Boot Camp: Review the entire PFP Body of Knowledge in one course that is offered as an online class at least twice a year.
- In this audio clip, Bob Keebler reports on PLR 201608001, in which the IRS granted 9100 relief allowing an estate to make a late QTIP and reverse QTIP elections. (Courtesy of Leimberg Information Services, Inc.)
- CPA/PFS Program: Fundamentals of Estate Planning
- PFP Boot Camp: Review the entire PFP Body of Knowledge in one course that is offered as a self-study on-demand course. Discounted for PFP members!